I started out planning to use the CC464 with the beautiful pumpkin, primrose and grey colors, the great SC layout and the F4A207 to make a valentine. Then I realizedvthat this worked for the MIX54 since I used at least 2 mediums when I added modeling paste and there certainly is a heart in this card. Finally, this works for the WT465 since I colored the heart with copics. 5 chsllenges in one card - that is a first for me. I tried a new tecnnique and I think it will be a new favorite for me. I didn't have any paper that I liked for the vertical piece so I sponged grey ink onto the flower ef before dry embossing white cardstock. I never tried this technique because I thought it might ruin the embossing folder. It was easy to clean the folder and I love the results. I also didn't have any paper that I liked for the strips accros the top, so I sponged one strip with orange and one strip with pink and applied modeling paste through stencils. I wish I had made the strips a little wider. Lightly sponged all the edges with black before assembling.
Date: Saturday, February 8, 2014 GMT Views: 1052
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 70125
Sat, Feb 08, 2014 @ 7:59 AM
Gosh - you had the perfect gem flowers for the colour challenge!
I love using ink on my embossing folders - just makes me wish that I didn't have to climb down the attic ladder each time to wash them, LOL. Your modelling paste strips are just great - so is that lovely heart.
This is so my type of card with DIY papers :D.