This is my card for the TLC challenge "Let's Don't and Say We Did" - to make the one layer card look like it has layers without adding card stock layers!!
My poor brain was not up to this today - I had to think WAY too hard to figure out what to mask, when to mask, when to not... Plus I messed up stamping the polka-dots, and to add insult to injury it's backwards, LOL! Sheesh!
Anyway, since I had the two matching negative pieces, and die cut labels, too, that's what I went with. I centered the smaller Label Eight on the card using removable adhesive and fit the negative around it, taped IT down and removed the label. Placed a piece of removable tape at an angle and sponged with Antique Linen. Stamped the music score in Antique Linen, let it dry and put the smaller label back down with rem. adhesive. Slit the angled tape around the label and removed the smaller negative. Positioned the larger negative and sponged with GKD Kraft - if you apply enough ink it gets pretty dark :) Fitted larger label into negative with rem. adhesive and removed the negative, then stamped polka dots in Antique Linen. Removed large label, put both negatives back down and stamped and embossed the cherry blossom image (GKD Kraft and clear ep). I could have done that earlier, but I wanted the bg to dry, so I worked on additional "layers" instead. Removed the angled piece of tape and colored the strip and cherry blossom image with Prismacolors, added yellow Stardust pen to flower centers, and discovered my sentiment stamp wouldn't fit. Found some Dazzles that would work. Embossed the smaller label die in the Big Shot and called it done! Whew!
As always, thanks for looking!
Date: Monday, February 3, 2014 GMT Views: 797
Registered: May 23, 2009 Location: sunny california Posts: 7042
Mon, Feb 03, 2014 @ 9:15 PM
It might have been a lot of work, but it was worth it. Your card is beautiful and it sure fooled me. I could have sworn that the piece with the sentiment was another layer. Great interpretation of the challenge.