I guess I'm on a roll with this sketch now...LOL! I sponged burlap ink on the horse image while the die was on. I added some twine to a large glue dot and wound it around for the little "rope" embellishment at the bottom. I added real fringe and brown lace on top of the corrugated cardstock for a border. My hardest part this morning was choosing which horse stamp to use. Heehee!! I actually have two drawers full of western type stamps...one just has horses. I know...I'm a hoarder (or something like that)! I sewed around the edges by machine and popped up the horse and sentiment panels.
Thanks for looking!
Date: Thursday, January 30, 2014 GMT Views: 1894
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 68041
Thu, Jan 30, 2014 @ 12:59 PM
What a beauty, Robin - the card and your stamp. A whole drawer full of horses - that's something I didn't know about you. I love the way you've used the fringing over the corrugated card, and the neat little twine detail.
Congratulations on your permanent DT place over at ODBD!!
p.s. - I love the way the image is stamped on the full oval but then you've sponged it in the die, it gives the mane a real flyaway look.
Registered: August 15, 2007 Location: Twin Cities MN Posts: 23585
Thu, Jan 30, 2014 @ 1:27 PM
You chose well..that image is wonderful! I love the shading on this and all the wonderful details...the fringe, the corrugated border and the way you did that twine around the sentiment. Fabulous card Robin!