The other day I painted a scrap of linen fabric with cream colored paint. It was really stiff and I didn't end up using it for the project I started it for. It has been sitting on my desk. When I saw Sabrina's challenge I thought it might make a neat snowman. I glued the painted fabric to cardstock and embossed it. I added some of my hand quilled roses. I started with the inspiration from Sabrina's snowmen, but I altered them slightly. I wanted a little curve so I made mine look more like bowling pins. I didn't want a rectangle hat, so I fiddled around with scraps until I came up with this hat. I think it is a little too big for my snowman and when I make more snowmen, as I am sure that I will, I will make the hat a little smaller. I added some more roses and baby's breath to add a little "something" to the hat.
Date: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 GMT Views: 660
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 79164
Tue, Nov 26, 2013 @ 7:57 AM
Wonderful take on the challenge, MariLynn - you've produced a gorgeous pair of snowmen. I confess to a sneaking preference for the other one, but it's the burlap hat, really. I bet the texture from the painted linen on this one is wonderful in real life.