FUN challenge, Dawn! I "built" a Christmas wreath today and here are the instructions (this is why I NEED to create a blog!):
1. Cut card base, 5.5 square.
2. Used two Spellbinder dies (lg scalloped circle + circle) to cut a base for my wreath. Cut three from recycled food box for dimension.
3. From SU dp, with a the next largest circle die, cut one center piece, centered and stamped PTI sentiment, set aside.
4. Lined up the wreath pieces and glued them together.
5. From three shades of green c.s., I punched lots of pieces from SU's paper piecing punch, sorted them into piles by shape and color to make it easy to piece.
6. Cut one PTI wreath die from recycled food box.
7. With SU circle punches, cut circles from SU dp.
8. Alternating colors, I glued widest pieces to wreath base, spacing evenly. Filled in with other two sizes, balancing colors as much as possible (if I made another wreath I might cut four of five shades/dps to peice). Inasmuch as you can, make sure to line up the pieces with the edge of the inside circle of the wreath.
9. Snipped PTI wreath, put a line of glue around inside edge and shaped it around, snipping to fit.
10. With Scor-Tape on upside, adhered stamped circle to back of wreath.
11. Used SU dimensionals to adhere large circles, glued on little circles.
12. Adhered wreath with Scor-Tape to card base.
Laid out a few embellishments on the wreath (a ribbon/natural jute (twine) bow, a few rhinestones, then pearls, then metallic sequins) but I didn't like any of them alone or in combination so I left it as is.
Thank YOU for looking! :)
Date: Monday, November 18, 2013 GMT Views: 1316