This is one of two cards I made for the HYCCT1322 challenge Sending Flowers - to brighten the days of these ladies in Houston with one or more flowers on your card.
I die cut the flowers and sentiment out of burnt orange corrugated cs, the leaves out of Bazzill Desert Rose, and ran the flowers and leaves through a swirly embossing folder. I sponged the flower and sentiment with Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain Distress ink and the leaves with Walnut Stain. Added a misting with Pssst Shimmer Spritz Sparkle, which doesn't show in the pic but looks cool against the matte bg. I formed the flower and leaves a bit and assembled the flower with pop dots between the layers. After adhering the Prima bg layer to the card base, I attached the sentiment with spray adhesive and the flower with Crafter's Pick glue. The leaves were tucked in and attached with foam tape and pop dots.
This was quick and pretty easy, and I love how it turned out! (and I just noticed I messed up the "n" in "thanks" on both cards - in different directions, lol!)
As always, thanks for looking!
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 GMT Views: 291