This is the card I made for Bev's HYCCT1316 challenge Pocket Full of Hope - Create a pocket card, or a card with a pocket on it.
The card base was made by cutting a folded piece of Core'dinations cs with the largest SB Flower Pot die, being sure the folded edge was offset from the bottom of the die. I embossed it with a swirl ef and sanded it lightly before outlining the embossed areas with a gold GellyRoll pen. I smudged the ink with a q-tip to give it some variation.
I cut silk flowers from a stem arrangement, pulled them apart and re-assembled them with brads. I covered the brads with the gold pen and spread it with the q-tip to give them a slight shimmer.
The leaves were cut with an Elizabeth Craft Designs die, formed lightly and edged with Peeled Paint Distress ink.
I tied a ribbon around the pot and placed my flowers. I really struggled getting them to look decent with the sentiment panel pulled out, and I'm not totally happy with it. The leaves and flowers are adhered with Crafter's Pick glue.