I created this card for Papertrey Ink's M.I.M. #133 Creating a Flocked Look With Dimensional Paste.
The honeycomb cells were created by first diecutting PTI's Hexagonal Coverplate creating a stencil. Next, I taped the stencil to a kraft card panel, created a little spreader with a scrap piece of cardstock and then mixed up a little dimensional paste with some ink to spread on the stencil. Unfortunately, the only yellow re-inker I had was a pigment ink and it barely put any color into the paste at all. After spreading the paste partially over the stencil, I sort of pounced a little with the scrap cardstock I used for a spreader to get a little more dimension and so it didn't look so perfectly smooth. I removed the stencil right away and then let it dry. After the paste dried I sponged some dye ink on to it to increase the color intensity. The flower was stamped with a dark blue dye ink and then watercolored. The flower was then fussy cut. The bee was stamped, colored with colored pencils and also fussy cut. The sentiment was stamped on a diecut, double-ended banner that I cut one end off of.
Thank you so much for looking! Hope my card helps to inspire you to create a card.
Date: Sunday, September 29, 2013 GMT Views: 548
Registered: September 21, 2006 Location: In the beautiful Sequatchie Valley, Home of the Paper Clip Project - The National Cornbread Festival Posts: 20975
Tue, Oct 01, 2013 @ 8:12 PM
I love all the details that you have on this beauty... The bee looks soooo real, and I really love the techniques that you have used and detailed so well in your description. Thanks so much for sharing....
------------------------------ Happy Stamping
One of Kota's Kids ***A Proud Fan Club Member ***
Registered: October 3, 2007 Location: California Posts: 708
Wed, Oct 02, 2013 @ 12:32 AM
It must be divine intervention that you commented on my card today. Otherwise I never would have seen this beauty you created. I 've had the honeycomb stencil and a bee stamp for ages but never could think of a design to use either of them. And I even have the Dreamweaver paste and their yellow acrylic paste in tubes! So I will be busy casing your card tomorrow and am so glad you explained how you did the honeycomb because it looks so natural.