This is for Beates challenge.....if I wasn't dirty enough before I sure am now.
I think it would be fair to say there is more paint on me than there is on this set of drawers by Kaiser. Using a sponge brush, I painted the wooden pieces with a combination of black and brown acrylic paint. After it was dry I put it together with PVA glue and applied lots of distress ink over the painted surfaces.
Graphic45 papers were used to cover all the wood. I didn't have enough of the same range of paper so I just mixed them up.
The back was a lot of fun, I cut around the wings before sticking to the box, looks great IRL but hard to photograph. On one side there is a little diecut window and awning. A simple peg (clothespin) is on the other side.
Thank you for a wonderful challenge Beate.
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2013 GMT Views: 924
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Proud Fan Club Member
Registered: June 19, 2010 Location: Ashburn, Virginia Posts: 3734
Fri, Aug 02, 2013 @ 6:31 AM
Another great look, and terrific project. Susie, you've produced some really wonderful cards and projects during this challenge week. I completely understand your comment about the photo though. It can be difficult to find the right light when photographing a card/project. Love this, Susie.
------------------------------ Susie ~
Proud Fan Club Member My Blog
Registered: February 9, 2010 Location: Mentone, California Posts: 7375
Sat, Aug 03, 2013 @ 12:40 AM
This type of project is so above my range of abilities...I bow to your incredible talent to be so versatile. You have done amazing things this week of challenges and you should be so proud!
This chest of drawers is just beautiful and I LOVE the dp being "mixed up"! As Kathleen says "REALLY COOL"!!!!
------------------------------ Joyful Stamper (Peggy) Proud Fan Club Member
“When you remove the color, people are forced to look at the detail” Mr. Bivens