My two lonely tulips were pretty much dead so I couldn't resist picking them and trying the pounded flower technique with them. You can see in the foreground what the technique looks like before I added colors to it. The one I used was the bottom piece and had more color than the leftover one. Next time I'll pull off the stamen because they put a lot of black onto the pictures. I used watercolor crayons to fill in. I had squirted my flowers with shimmer spray because they were kind of dry and I ran them through the Big Shot several times. I color washed some blue around, but it wasn't dark enough so I then took my petal chalk inks and added the blues. I decided to try to add a bit more color so I took my spatter stamp and added some dots to the mix. I'll probably frame this one, but I couldn't find the right size in my stash of frames so I just backed with Island Indigo and Pumpkin Pie.
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 GMT Views: 448