There was a thread in the techniques forum with a link to a tutorial for petroleum resist which I thought I'd like to try.
First attempt is always only the start of a learning curve but if you don't start you don't learn. I learnt that I didn't use enough Vaseline, and that I missed a couple of places I thought I'd applied it to :D, but I still wanted to use the piece I'd made.
A2 base, sponged with black ink.
For the base panel I used stamps from Randi's Song and the little dogwood, two different sizes of flower die and some green acrylic paint. I distressed the edges and stitched with black.
Sentiment stamped on DCWV paper, pierced, layered on black.
Despite the flowers in the background I thought this would make a masculine card, so for the horrizontal strip I just used a piece of Faux Barnboard and a couple of copper brads. I added a little butterfly punched from the barnboard, with two drops of copper Liquid Pearls.
This is for yesterday's sketch and also for the current Scripture or Hymns challenge over at ODBD.
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013 GMT Views: 793