This is the project I created for the MIX9 Challenge, to use some form of metal with acrylic paint or alcohol ink or another coloring medium, and if you want - sandpaper for distressed texture.
I used colored metal craft sheets from SB and chipboard to create the flowers. Of course I did it the hard way and cut the TH Tattered Florals chipboard pieces and adhered them to the foil with spray adhesive. I embossed them with a couple of different Cuttlebug folders and trimmed around the flower, leaving enough foil to lap over the edge to the bottom side. The foil reminds me of the old tin foil that used to be available; it is very substantial and was a LOT of work. On the last one I finally found my brain and and adhered the chipboard to the foil BEFORE cutting. DUH! I painted them with acrylic paints and sanded when dry - some spots go all the way to silver, but in some places the color of the foil shows through. Looks pretty cool IRL. The flower centers are decorative brads.
I created a bg with heavy watercolor paper and used acrylic paint, distress stain, shimmer watercolors and colored pencils, and sprayed it heavily with silver Pssst Shimmer Spritz. I used VersaFine Onyx Black stamped off once for the stamped images. The Elizabeth Craft Designs butterfly overlay was cut from black cs and smooshed into Memento Platinum Planet and Colorbox Silver inks. Everything is adhered with Glossy Accents except the pink flower, which is popped with a dimensional.
As always, thanks for looking!
Date: Saturday, March 30, 2013 GMT Views: 783
Registered: March 15, 2012 Location: Alabama Posts: 11086
Sat, Mar 30, 2013 @ 12:27 PM
I LOVE your color palette, especially the pink with the foil. I see what you mean about it looking vintage, pretty cool! Your background is beautiful and I love your butterfly!!! I never would have guess it was black to start with! Your flowers turned out amazing! It really is such a cool technique!!!