I took two photos of this one so all the sparkles would show up better. The photo with the sparkles is on my blog.
This one was made from my new Spellbinders Classic Petals Edgeabilities. I decided to use this dp from the Mariposa Stack by DCWV. First, I made a 5x7 card, then cut an edge from a piece of white CS big enough to cover the whole card. After layering the DP and the one with the cut edge cut on top of the card, I tried different colors under it, and decided on this green. Then I cut everything to fit and layered them on the card.
The white edge was quite stark, so I took a nib and clored the embossing using Memento New Sprout. The card still didn't look quite right. The DP has lots of sparkly accents, but the rest was too plain, so I added lots of Gold Stickles for accents, and it started looking very pretty. The paper was too pretty to cover up, so to add to the bottom I made a Stickles butterfly trail. That seemed to add enough so it didn't look empty any more. For a sentiment, I was originally going to add a larger Spellbinders tag, but it didn't look right, so I stamped this sentiment from JustRite, and cut it out with their matching Labels and Banners die. That seemed like a good size for the card without covering any of the DP.
I spent a long time trying to decide on a color for the sentiment, then I came across this pearlescent, textured paint sample. It was perfect. It was close to the main color in the DP, only a little darker, and the sheen was pretty. I stamped it with VersaMark and embossed it with gold EP. Originally I cut a backing for it and outlined that with the gold Stickles as well, but after trying the plain one and the other one a bunch of times, I decided I liked the plain one better. The sentiment is mounted dimensionally.
I had also planned on adding flowers, but that would have hidden too much of the pretty paper, so I decided not to add them. In person, there is so much sparkle the card doesn't need anything else.
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 GMT Views: 429