I inked up this text stamp that I've had for years (first time inking it up!) with black stazon ink and then used a waterbrush to swipe some red ink across a few of the words. I really wanted this to be the focal point of my card, so I didn't add much to my background. I needed just a bit of texture so I ran the white background layer through an embossing folder.
I debated swiping a red ink pad across the embossed areas, but I decided it would take the focus away from the friends text. This is a CAS card that I can easily pop in the mail and send to a good friend. :-)
Date: Friday, February 15, 2013 GMT Views: 531
Registered: August 8, 2006 Location: Roseville CA Posts: 16706
Fri, Feb 15, 2013 @ 7:52 PM
Congratulations on inking up this stamp for the first time -- these challenges are making me use some supplies for the first time too! I love how you emphasized certain words - great job with the challenge!
Registered: September 8, 2008 Location: Idaho Posts: 3219
Sat, Feb 16, 2013 @ 12:59 AM
Success! Everything looks wonderful and your patience in choosing what was left alone of added really paid off. It's a stunner! AND...you used something in your stash and it couldn't be more perfect for the MIX3 challenge!
Fan Club Member, DT sample artist and Challenge Hostess