I made this card much more difficult than it had to be. I started out by cutting half of the inside of the gatefolds where the square tiles are so they would swing out when the card was opened. It was a bit of work to make sure they would line up exactly with each other. As it turns out, it didn't add anything to the card, and I would have been better off just to make a gatefold with flaps and add the tiles to half of them.
This photo shows it open. I really prefer the butterfly on the right, but the set it was in only contained one. Since I knew I couldn't put much dimension inside the card because I didn't make allowances for it to fold flat, I put that butterfly, which will fold flat inside, and the other one, which is dimensional on the outside.
The DP is from K&Co, and is outlined with my Krylon pen. The butterflies are also K&Co.
The light blue sparkly paper is from my stash, and is also outlined with the Krylon pen.
The frames on the tiles are cut with a Spellbinders Die, and I cut the centers out with a smaller square Spellbinders. I used Core'dinations Pearl for them.
The larger flowers are more of the ones I got at Michaels. They were off white, and I dabbed them with Brilliance Sky Blue, then added light blue Stickles to them. The small ones are from my stash, and I added Stickles to those as well.
There are Stickles in each empty corner of the card and on the die cuts as well. They will probably be lighter than this, but they were all still wet when I took the photograph.
More photos o the card closed, and fully open are on my blog.
Date: Monday, January 14, 2013 GMT Views: 231