This is the inside of the card I made for a young man who has a loved one far away. Only specifics were: 3 cats, 1 dog, loves pink, and his true love.
I also wanted lots of dimension because when he saw my other cards, he loved the pop ups... On the outside of the card, I used my favorite window die and made some nice wainscoting. So be sure to see the picture of the outside of this card. TFL!
Registered: August 11, 2006 Location: Aptos (next to Santa Cruz, CA) Posts: 579
Fri, Jan 04, 2013 @ 8:23 AM
It's super easy! :D
How I made my pop up with a simple V-fold:
1) make your insert piece (I made mine 1/4 inch smaller than my 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card)
2) Just fold your insert piece in half
3) fold down the top corner of the folder edge to a right angle
4) then crease the corner fold opposit to the rest of the paper to make a pop op triangle (called a V-fold)
5) place the item you want to pop up and out with the right bottom edge on the right side of the pop up fold triangle while the paper is flat on the desktop
6) test it to make sure it will hide when closing and then glue it down.