I used the pine branch die and the chipboard found in Stampin Up's designer paper packs to cut out several branches and then arranged and glued them onto heavy cardstock. The embossing results aren't quite as deep as with regular embossing folder, but pretty good. Spraying the cardstock with rubbing alcohol just before embossing increases the definition a bit.
After the Cardinal image was stamped on whisper white, I sponged all around it with Bashful Blue and then the edges with Pacific Point. The pine branch was stamped around the edges using Old Olive and Always Artichoke. Next came the Prismacolor Pencils and gamsol to color the Cardinal image. To add more dimension, I placed the image face down on a paper piercing pad and used a shaping tool on the back of the Cardinal and pine cone. The eye is dotted with Crystal Effects. For some snow effect I added white Flower Soft and sprinkled with DD glitter while the glue was still wet. The image panel is on dimensionals.
This card measures 5 1/4 inches square.
I must confess, I indulged in ordering some of these "Candid Cardinals" cards for those on my non-handmade Christmas card list. They are even more gorgeous in person than in the photo.
Date: Monday, December 24, 2012 GMT Views: 2358