This challenge was to make a card that reflected the courage or strength needed to face a diagnosis of breast cancer. I immediately thought of a flower growing out of the concrete, and not having such a stamp I found this image online. I used a print program on my computer to generate the sentiment and create the focal point. This was die cut and the edges sponged with DI Spun Sugar. The layer behind it is a woven frame that I adhered with spray adhesive on a rectangle of cs, then fussy cut around the scalloped edges. I rubbed a small amount of Perfect Pearls over the woven frame to eliminate stickiness from the adhesive.
DP was border punched and mounted on a layer of cs with a matching border. I used a thin strip of cs beneath the focal layer for interest. The picture and the scalloped layer are both popped with foam tape. I highlighted the shadow of the word "stronger" with Gelly Roll Stardust Clear.
I really like how this came out - love that DP!
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 GMT Views: 472