Next is a group of 6 like cards that are part of an 18 card series for Operation Write Home (OWH). I really like doing a series of the same card because I can perfect the design. I based the design on OWH sketch #74.
I was inspired by the Club Scrap Assembly Line Card Making (ALCM) from the OWH Memorial Day Blog Hop. ALCM is a method for making many cards by efficiently using your papers. The cards they posted were for 8 Ĺ x 11 paper and I want to use 12 x 12 papers, so I made my own ALCM. Iíll post the ALCM when Iíve finished all the cards.
For the water color technique see Jennifer McGuireís Online Card Class Inspiration Workshop
My Design Details:
Designer Paper, Wildflower stencil, and Ribbon from Club Scrap
Based Card Stock is 8 Ĺ by 11 Neenah Dessert Storm
Sponging, painting and distressing inks are Ranger Distress Inks (DI) and Distress Stains (DS)
Watercolor technique I learned from the wonderful Jennifer McGuire:
1. Stamp (Stampiní Upís Simply Soft) in Versafine Sepia ink on watercolor paper.
2. Heat emboss with Rangerís ultrafine clear power using the Sepia ink as a binder.
3. Sponge the background lightly with a light blue DI
4. Paint the flowers with a water pen using DS. Then spray well with water to allow inks to blend and bleed. Donít blot and set aside to dry.
5. Cut out circle shape. Sponge the edge in DI Vintage Photo. Distress the edge with Tonicís Paper Distresser.
Date: Monday, May 28, 2012 GMT Views: 456
Registered: June 14, 2009 Location: Fort Worth, Texas Posts: 8605
Mon, Jun 04, 2012 @ 7:29 AM
A lovely set of cards. Your watercolor flowers are so pretty, and yet the cards would be good for guys or gals. I make a lot of cards in sets of 8 for the Card Ministry at church, so I have also learned how to efficiently use cs and dsp.
------------------------------ Val (a/k/a Greywolf)
Proud Fan Club Member