I thought I'd invented a new technique, but no, it is the stained glass technique with vellum, in which I stamped the image on the front, and colored with markers on the back (I used a darker marker for added depth with each color, and I did NOT blend it.) I love the way it turned out! Hope you do, too. This look on White is a little more soft, clean and pure.
Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012 GMT Views: 1044
Registered: July 18, 2008 Location: Sandy, UT Posts: 49
Thu, Apr 05, 2012 @ 8:44 PM
I used snail adhesive just in the very corners and in the center of the long edges, so that it was hidden under the tulip border - as you probably know, it is hard to attach vellum without seeing the adhesive! To make sure it stuck, I used a round-ended stylus to push down the flat parts of the tulip border to the adhesive, otherwise you flatten the embossing. Great question, though! I haven't found an adhesive that works well with vellum, without showing through.