All challenges this month focus on things "new" to us. It may not be new, but if we've never done it, it's new to us! Creative Crew Challenge - CCREW112HF focuses on the holiday -Valentine's Day. I needed to make a card or decor item using hearts in a new way to me - something I've never done with hearts. This card is like getting 3 cards in 1 -- each side is different! It was based on a Leadership swap I received from Linda Heller last January. I had wanted to try and figure out how Linda made her card so this was the perfect time.
Date: Thursday, December 29, 2011 GMT Views: 967
Registered: April 20, 2006 Location: Maine Posts: 920
Mon, Jan 02, 2012 @ 12:01 PM
Jana, here are the measurements I used:
1.Island Indigo: - 5 1/4" x 8 1/2" scored at 2 1/8", 4 1/4" and 6 3/8"; and - 5 1/4" x 4 1/4" scored at 2 1/8"
2. Sweet Shop DSP 6 pcs - 2" x 5 1/4"
3. Glue the DSP centered on each scored section (should be 4 on the long piece and 2 on the shorter piece.
4. Using the Big Shot and Movers & Shapers Die with the Heart die place the heart die in center of the Movers and shapers window. Fold the 5 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece in half on the 4 1/4" score line and place on window die making sure the center (2 1/8" score line) is in the center of the heart and run through the Big Shot.
5. Run the 5 1/4" x 4 1/4" piece thru the Big Shot so that the score line is centered over the center of the heart.
6. Glue section two & three only together
7. Attach Bakers twine (I used Tombow Multi Purpose glue for everything) to the center of the card from top to bottom of card.
8. Now glue the 5 1/4" x 4 1/4" piece to sections one and four (score line will meet at the center and all hearts should be aligned.
9. I used 3 hearts from the Fashionable hearts sizzlet and scored in half. Glue the halfs together about the bakers twine.
10. Decorate your panels.
This can be done with any shape. Let me know if you have any questions.