Measurements: because of the striped paper I didn’t follow the layout measurements, I cut from left to right - 2 5/16”, 1 ¾”, 1 3/8” x 3 1/2” and I placed the ¾” x 5.5” cross strip on top of the panel leaving a ¾” space of card base. Image panel – 2 ¼” x 1 ¾” plus three 1/16” and one 1/8” borders.
I colored the image with Copic markers: Ice B0000,000,00, bear C00,0,2,3, R20, foot pads C00,3,5,7, penguin black 110, YR12,15,31 C00.
The out of the box feature is very easy by cutting to the image with a guillotine paper cutter on the front, marking the image on the back while holding to a light source then use the paper cutter again to cut to that mark. Scissor cut the image out. If needed - I use a Coluzzle and craft knife to cut between the images. I do have a pictorial on my blog if you need photos, click here. It’s a direct link to the tutorial.
The image panel and borders are mounted with foam tape.
The snowflakes are a Marvy punch for the larger and EK Success border punch for the smaller one. I cut a strip about ½” wide and slip it under the snowflake in the punch to save on paper when the tiny flake is all I want anyway. They are attached to each other with Aleene’s tacky glue and then to the card. I then used a paper piercer to put a whole through for the tiny brad center and the prongs are between the designer paper and the base.
I used the thin embossing folder from the set With Love (Cuttlebug) and a metal ball stylus to emboss the dots going across the card base. This avoids those nasty lines created when running through the machine…not as quick but a whole lot prettier!