I have been playing with alcohol inks lately to come up with my own bg's. This is one that's been sitting around for a few days. I decided it looked nice with a green Lotus die cut so I embossed it with 2 CB border ef's and the SU! Lattice ef. Then I didn't like it with the green Lotus, so I did one in a pretty metallic peach.
I had enough of this sheet to make 5 one inch strips, but only needed 4.
I know the sketch didn't have the extra panel in the bg, but this needed more than just the purple card base. So in comes the sage green panel. I didn't like the embossing on both the top and bottom, so I cut the bottom part off and used that strip to go across all 4 strips.
I did embroidery or string art on the pendant and added the shell flower with embroidery floss to the center..
I like these pendants, doilies and such where I can do embroidery, to add another element.
Today's sketch challenge was perfect for this pretty dyed paper. Somehow, my brain just went in the direction of the sketch with the elements I had, that it all worked out nicely.
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 GMT Views: 660
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 68041
Wed, Jul 27, 2011 @ 11:36 PM
LOL, I was going to say it doesn't look like a green lotus to me. I really like the combined embossing on the strips. If you're having fun playing with alcohol ink backgrounds, Tim Holtz did a great plaid technique on his 12 Tags of Christmas 2009 (I think!). You should check that out, I had a ball with it.