So my first try was to have a sheet of vellum over the dp and emboss the two together, but I just didn't like the effect. So instead I stamped onto vellum and mounted that over a piece of white cs. I added some extra color onto the back of the image with markers. I added a frame and double fork bow. I also added some piercing in the top left corner for a little balance.
*After reading the first comment I feel I'd better clarify...the bg was originally dp with a layer of vellum embossed over the top...I simply removed the vellum layer and framed the embossed dp...the only stamping I did was on the scallop.
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2011 GMT Views: 2003
Registered: February 5, 2007 Location: St. Louis, MO Posts: 65692
Thu, Jun 16, 2011 @ 3:13 PM
I think it's great that you tried something new. We all have experiments that don't turn out as we had hoped! But we learn! : ) The card you have her is bright and cheery. Love the floral DP and then your matching little medallion.