These are some experimental ornaments I made using blue metallic paint, varnish and glitter.
For the one on the right I rinsed with rubbing alcohol and then added the above mentioned ingredients while the ornament was still a little wet inside and shook. It didn't work exactly as planned and I ended up with not quite the effect I had intended. It gave me an excuse to use a feather boa to cover up a blotchy spot near the top.
For the one on the left I rinsed with rubbing alcohol, LET DRY WELL, and then added the above ingredients. I added a bit to much varnish and everything got too well mixed and it did not give me the marbleized effect that I had intended. I glued on Rhinestones to make the ornament more interesting.
Date: Saturday, December 24, 2005 GMT Views: 1766