The second four cards I made were ¾” inch blocks. I used two different Japanese origami papers for the prints and ordinary copy weight paper strips for the solids. On this card, I used my textile embossing folder to “tie” it together. My girlfriend said it really said it looked quilted. I also tried a paisley embossing folder and it worked too! The smaller blocks were somewhat harder to cut on my Fiskars paper trimmer (nothing to hold onto), so I had to pull the blade slowly so the paper didn’t skitter around. On these cards, I placed a line of double-face tape on top of the graph paper to hold each piece in place. Much easier than putting the adhesive on the back of each piece.
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 GMT Views: 457