Registered: March 6, 2004 Location: Red Hook, NY Posts: 371
Fri, Dec 23, 2005 @ 7:57 AM
Here are my instructions (I'll email them to you as well):
1. Remove hanger and put glitter/snow inside glass ball.
2. Used Coluzzle to cut out a circle slightly smaller than the ornament but DON'T CUT ALL THE WAY AROUND! Leave about 1/2 inch uncut, and then make a "bottleneck" at the top that will stick through the top of the ornament.
3. Stamp your design using Staz-On.
4. FLIP IT OVER (important, so the Staz-On doesn't run) and color with Sharpies
5. Flip over again, and use 2-Way Glue on Frosty's face and body, and coat with Dazzling Diamonds.
6. Wait about 15 minutes for the glue to be totally dry, then hold onto the bottle neck while rolling the window sheet up, and slip it into the ornament. The will circle automatically uncurls inside the ornament. Some people recommend rolling with the glitter on the inside - I find it doesn't matter, if you wait long enough for the glue to dry.
7. Use the end of a paintbrush, or a similar thin item, to center the circle inside the ornament. You can lift it up a little, or remove it, by pulling on the bottle-neck too.
8. Snip off the bottle-neck flush with the top of the ornament.
9. Replace hanger and add ribbon or bow!
I've done these with sand for beach ornaments. I am going to make one using the "Swell News" set for a friend who is pregnant. I'm not going to put snow inside though - I'll probably use pink and blue confetti instead.