I cut a reverse mask with the big scallop rectangles, stamped the image, then covered the inside, placed the die back on and sponged the outside with Vintage Photo Distress ink. The Vintage Wallpaper background was stamped over it with the same color. Then I used the reverse mask and die again and sponged the inside with Antique Linen background.
The sunflower was colored with Copic Markers. I meant to make this a one layer card, but I didn't like that the coloring showed through on the inside. So I cut the image down to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and layered it on a 4 1/4" x 11" piece (folded in half) after stitching the outside.
The sentiment panel was cut out of the remaining 1/4" sheet that I had left. It was cut with Petite Oval Nestabilities and sponged with Antique Linen.
Registered: July 20, 2007 Location: Fergus, Ontario Posts: 44814
Thu, Sep 02, 2010 @ 12:16 PM
Stunning! I love that sunflower and the way you colored it with those deep intense colors! I love the way you framed this image and I love the sewing!
I know why your first attempt went into the garbage......because it wasn't 100% awesome. I imagine it was still prettier than my attempts were :)