Created for the DTGD10joanervin Challenge... don't know what that is? Then you should join the fan club and play along
I used my cb and bird folder to emboss the bg and sanded it. I cut it into four pieces and mounted it on a piece of the same cs, just turned over. Gotta love 2 sided 2 colored cs!!! (cricut 6" fall stack#
Then used my new nestabilities labels two to create the image panel. This is a gina k image. I water colored the image using watercolor pencils and a water pen.
I did cut the larger robin's tail out so it would poke beyond the label outline. I sanded the edge on the orange frame to make the embossing show a little better and to tie it into the bg.
I stamped the sentiment onto white cs and chalked it to match the bg, and then used my quilter's tool to add some faux stitching around the circle. I did run the tool around the cb bg squares, but it is very subtle.
I punched out three 1 1/2 inch circles from the same orange cs, trimmed around them with a fancy scissor, cut the spiral and edged the straight cut edge with the fancy scissor and rolled up three roses. One rose sits on its side and to do that, I cut the rose down one edge and glued it back together so it had a flat side.
The leaves were hand embossed on a piece of green cs #dcvw# with a white core, so I could sand it to maintain the same feel as the bg.
The green swirls are just thin strips of paper that I twirled and curled up with my fingers and glued them down.
Thanks for looking, I'd love to hear what you think.
Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010 GMT Views: 273