This sketch seemed so easy to remember, that I didn't bother to print it out. Sheesh! I was almost finished w/ all my elements and whoopee, the sketch is up! I go back to my card and think I have it right. I know I flipped it, and I used the ribbon for the horizontal band, but I thought the big bg covered the entire front. Oh well.
All images are DRS Designs. I stamped the mortarboard in black onto watercolor paper then floated in some dye reinkers. When it dried, I used a white gel pen to add some lines inside the black lines and cut it out. I used the same reinkers on the background after white embossing the grad image background stamp and also on the formerly white ribbon.
The sentiment is made up of parts of two different images. I used a stamp positioner to put them where I wanted and cut it out with a Labels 4 Nestie. I used markers to add a little highlighting to the individual words. I used the other grad circle image on a piece of white shrink plastic, cut it with a circle Nestie and used my heat tool to shrink it. Did it ever shrink! It started out about 3" across and now it's only about 1 1/4".
Thanks so much for looking! Close ups and more info on DRS blog.
Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 GMT Views: 1036