Sometimes I get stuck... on techniques, on tools, on a stamp. :o) I found this polished stone background in my paper stash and wanted to use it for a Mother's Day card.
1. Stamp the flowers & vase image with gold ink, sprinkle embossing power and heat set.
2. Dip waterbrush into powder and add color to flowers.
3. Punch out image with large scallop die cut.
4. Cut layer background paper to desired size. Edge layer with gold leafing pen.
5. Put gold embellishment in upper right hand corner.
Polished Stone Background:
1. Use glossy paper for this technique. Dampen a cotton ball with alcohol. Add two drops of pixie pink, two drops of pretty in pink, and one drop of metallic gold re-inkers.
2. Dot cotton ball around paper quickly and then come back and fill in holes. Notice the color will spread. Allow to dry. NOTE: Know when to stop. :o) Don' over work it. Leave some white space.
Stamps: Mother's Day MSET02
Inks: Encore Ultimate Metallic gold ink pad, Stampin' Up! pixie pink ink pad, pixie pink, pretty in pink, metallic gold reinkers
Paper: Fabriano Artistico Bright White Watercolor Paper Block 140lb, Stampin' Up! pink passion, metallic gold & glossy white
Accessories:Magical Micas lucky shamrock, voodoo violet, tiger lily orange, ramblin' rose, california poppy, Stampin' Up! gold detail detail powder, heat gun, Spellbinders Nestabilities big scalloped die cuts large & small, gold leafing pen, Paper Studio Spare-Parts clip, cotton ball & rubbing alcohol