This was fun. I chose an ATC that I already had duplicates of--in my trading stash. It was made with scraps to begin with. I took the duplicate apart and added some yellow highlights to the drunken chalks BG. Then I distressed all the edges of all the layers. I decided to color the image with markers and added finishing touches with the white gel pen. Changed the brad for a blingy brad, added the ribbon leaf. Then I remounted all the pieces, mounting the main image on an angle--and used dimensionals for added interest. I like the changes A LOT, but yet it didn't turn my card into something froo-froo.
I should add that the first card was a technique card, made to show off the drunken chalk BG, so I wouldn't have made these changes to the first one since the BG was supposed to be the focal point on that Technique ATC.
These two ATC cards will be inserted into my Technique ATC album back to back, so that the changes can be compared.
Date: Monday, April 26, 2010 GMT Views: 671