This is the card I made for today's inspiration challenge! We were to be inspired by this website. I chose this hat as my inspiration.
This is my story!
1. OMG! Okay, so I am like anyone else, I have been known to love a beautiful hat even though I don't wear them because let's face it, what am I gonna do, sit in my stamp room in a $42,000 designer hat??
2. Hey, when I was on the Dirty Dozen I even did a whole series of cards inspired by powerful women and their hats. So I just might be somewhat of an expert when it come to hat inspiration! Snort!
3. But in all my life, I have never seen goofier hats than in the Autumn/Winter section!!! Makes ya have a hankerin' for a hat, right?
4. My boss is a big time Pheasant hunter. He goes hunting a couple of times each year and honestly, if he and his buddies saw these women wearing these hats walking down the road in Kansas where they go hunting, they would probably shoot em!!! No kidding! Those are some goofy hats!
6. So no surprise......on the day before a holiday (Easter no less) I am making my bosses August 6th birthday card simply because he gave me these Pheasant feathers that belonged to some poor ole bird that he shot! Yikes!
Date: Saturday, April 3, 2010 GMT Views: 972
Registered: July 20, 2004 Location: NC Posts: 1398
Sat, Apr 03, 2010 @ 7:24 AM
I have to admit, your title of the card is what made me look; and the fact that the thumbnail looks rather strange. I was intrigued :-) I think you did a great job, and this will really be a great b-day card for your hunter-man!
Registered: April 4, 2006 Location: Boxertown USA, IL Posts: 46645
Sat, Apr 03, 2010 @ 7:39 AM
Very cute and the inspiration hat was quite funny. Looks like you went out early this morning and shot a bird to make your card so I suppose that is where you got that title. Anyone who is infatuated with a wild west man surely is a perfect shot. (either to impress him or keep him in line) :)
Registered: November 7, 2004 Location: Gulf Breeze, FL Posts: 15175
Sat, Apr 03, 2010 @ 7:47 AM
I knew when I saw that hat that someone would probably do a card incorporating those feathers! Should have known it would be you!!
And it is just right that the boss gets the feathers back!
Love your card and story!
------------------------------ Peggy SCS Color Challenge DT/Crazy4Challenges DT