This is my card for Technique Lovers Challenge 256 - to make a brick wall. My teeth hurt from gritting them and my head hurts from hitting myself in the head and asking why I tried this. I do consider myself a putz, but this one about put me over the top. I DO like the way it turned out. Not what I expected at all.
I used a vintage dictionary page and wanted the word 'lover' to be a focal point for a valentine for DH. I am not an engineer, nor am I good at math, so that didn't work. I changed glue type in the middle because I had white glue all over everything - front and back and had to keep washing my hands. Bigger bricks might be the answer. I like it. How about you? tfl
Date: Monday, January 18, 2010 GMT Views: 461
Registered: March 11, 2008 Location: Sacramento, California Posts: 39801
Mon, Jan 18, 2010 @ 7:06 PM
This doesn't look like it put up a struggle. It is awesome! WOW quality. TFS :0)
------------------------------ Cathy B aka: Mutnik ....or is it Nutmeg?! I get so confused!
Smile.......people will wonder what you are up to! :0)
Proud Fan Club Member
2010 DT for Rubbernecker Stamps My Gallery
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 68041
Tue, Jan 19, 2010 @ 12:14 AM
I like how this turned out too - a great Valentines for a guy, romantic without being flowery. Sympathise with your problems too, I had such a time working out where to fit the sentiment in my hole-in-the-wall. And, having tried double-sided tape, foam and glue, I have to say - don't try the double-sided tape. At least glue gives you a chance to relocate those tiles that aren't just quite where they should be!