This is my second attempt at this technique. I have found that when you apply the tissue paper to the candle, the origianl color of the ink changes a bit. I used Baroque Burgundy for the Filigree on the candle, but I ended up having to use Ruby Red for the embellishments so it would match up. This is one of my new favorite techniques!! ;)
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 GMT Views: 491
Registered: February 2, 2005 Location: Pennsylvania Posts: 310
Wed, Sep 14, 2005 @ 7:41 AM
I have tried a few of the candles and have really enjoyed doing them. My aunt and her daughter are both undergoing chemo therapy for breast cancer and I made a candle using the hope ribbons. It turned out quite nicely. I am also finding this to be one of my favorite new techniques. The possibilites are endless. Thank you for sharing this candle,it's BEAUTIFUL!!
------------------------------ Jackie C.
Very nice! I've been seeking a way to combine my passion for candles with my love of stamping. This is it!! Please tell me the dimensions of the candle you are using in this and your other beautiful works of candle art.
Registered: February 12, 2005 Location: PA Posts: 44
Fri, Sep 16, 2005 @ 8:35 PM
Thanks for the nice comments ladies. The Filigree, Autumn, and Snowflake candles are all 3x3 pillars. The Halloween candles are tiny 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" votives. Enjoy your new hobby of stamping on candles!! I love it!