The challenge was sponsored by Hero Arts and used these stamps:
1) Create Your Own Snowman
2) Antique Brocade Cling Stamp
3) the sweet little snowflakes from "Holiday Sayings"
To make it I did this stuff:
For the background card:
1) Folded a 5 1/2 inch square Kraft card & traced a curvy template to shape the bottom.
2) Masked off a hill shape with scotch tape & embossed the The Antique Brocade background cling stamp in white.
3) Sponged white pigment ink over the snowy hill & removed the scotch tape mask
4) Stamped the snowflakes (from Hero Arts' "Holiday Sentiment" set) in white pigment ink (and embossed in both white & clear embossing powder.)
5) Stitched on white Taffeta ribbon in pleats with turquoise thread
6) Stitched along the bottom of the snowy hill with white thread & then cheated to get rainbow stitches: the white stitching was tinted with a rainbow of Copic marker colours, hehehehe. ;o)
7) Faux stitched in between the white stitches with a black marker.
To make the snow buddies:
1) Embossed the circles (from Hero Arts' "Make Your Own Snowman" set) & faces in black on patterned paper & cut them out.
2) Adhered them to a strip of cardstock (hidden by the circles)
3) Added some brads (some were tinted with Copic markers.)
4) Made their arms (in the set too), embossed them, coloured & cut them *leaving a tab on the base if the branches to adhere them easily)
5) Tied bows from white satin ribbon, dyed them with copic markers, & stitched them on.
To make the birdies:
1) Cut out a bird shape from patterned paper
2) Glue the bird shapes to one layers of Kraft cardstock & trim it
3) Pierced around it & on the wing & stitch with embroidery thread
4) Colour the wings with Copic markers
5) Glue it all to a second piece of kraft cardstock
6) Cut the birdies out
7)Distress the edges with black ink
Thank You for having a peek,
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 GMT Views: 674