Admit it... how many of you bought that striped background stamp from SU and used it once and then thought... WWIT? What Was I Thinking? I sure did. But I had a AHA moment last night as I was sitting down to thumb through my Pottery Barn catalog, and opened up to a page full of red and white bedding and pillows...drool drool!
It got me thinking about the plaid bedspread and that I could create it myself. I stamped with squares and it was messy and not right, but when I stamped the stripes, then rotated and stamped again without re-inking, I got a plaid! YEA! But wait...there's more!
Another AHA! The ornaments were made with a nestability. Does the frame look familiar? I had a cut scrap that apparently I was using to help emboss something and it created a lovely ornament because it had been cut twice. I re-created this cut by cutting out the nestability frame first. Then I moved it over a 1/4 inch or so, and lined up my points, I may have to do a tutorial on my blog, hard to describe. Anyway, just by moving the die over a little, I got these cute ornaments, and I didn't have to cut anything by hand.... how fun is that.
This card came together so quick I may have to use it for xmas!
You can't see all of the sparkles on it, by I just used a two way glue pen to add some dazzle. Talk about limited supplies! Hope you like!
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 GMT Views: 1197
Stamps: Floral Background, Striped Background SU, PTI sentiment and starburst, Believe, Butterfly kisses
Paper: Really Red Textured, white
Ink: Really Red, White
Accessories: Really red marker, two way glue, SU organza ribbon , checkered ribbon, pearl and rhinestones, dimensionals, hole punch, dazzling diamonds