Registered: September 28, 2004 Location: New Jersey Posts: 1784
Thu, Jul 21, 2005 @ 9:32 AM
It's much prettier than it scanned. Here are the directions in summary. I can email you details if you wish.
1. Stamp the shells on glossy white CS and use a circle punch to punch it out
plus you need 3 more circles from any color CS (scraps are fine).
2. Stamp shells on glossy white again and color with markers then stamp three more.
3. Cut out 3 conch shells, 2 of the round snail shells and 1 clam/fan shell (forgive me if I named them wrong)
4. Use tacky glue to glue each set of shells together.
5. Color edges of each unit with a black marker
6. Then glue the shell units onto the base unit from #1
7. The final gluing step is to mount the entire piece to black or any other color CS to give a finished look. I prefer black so I don't have to color the edge again.
8. Generously coat the front with Crystal Effects making sure there are no bubbles and let dry several hours. While still tacky you can sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds over the whole piece or reapply a small amount of CE to a shell and sprinkle.
9. Coat the edges and back with CE and attach pin back.
I work on wax paper or foil to allow for easy release if some CE flows over an edge and dries, adhering the pin to the wax paper. If it does, you can trim the edge with craft scissors and apply a little more CE with a brush.