Gees, I've had interruptions all day today. I wanted to do the Technique challenge as soon as I saw it this morning. Did you know that yesterday was so windy that this lady accidently hit my truck. At least she was kind enough to leave a phone number. So, today...the phone was ringing off the hook. Plus someone kept knocking on my door...probably a door salesperson. I don't answer to them. Anyways, finally finished my card.
Here is my story:
I find it difficult to participate in the Technique Lovers Challenge at times, especially now. The technique today was to make a flower pot pocket card. Of course, I tweaked it a bit. I am now teaching classes at our local scrapbook store and its recommended to use their supplies. So, I decided that this flower pot would go perfect for the April class.
I started with MME double sided dp for the flower pot. I kept messing up with the decorative scissors for the rim of the pot, so I added the ribbon around the middle of the pot. I used distress ink around the edges before sealing the the pot together with thin pieces of tacky strip along the inside edge. Leaving the opening for the insert. This is where I tweaked it a bit. Once I had the flower pot made, I traced the flower pot onto pumpkin pie c/s and leaving 2 inches of c/s hang over (this would be the part for the card to stand up on its own). I added a 3 inch piece of c/s, scored it, and adhered to the back of the pumpkin pie c/s. This will allow the card to stand as shown. It's almost like making a pop up card. I thought it needed something like that, other than just having it lay down.
I used white c/s and adhered to the MME dp. I used the CB leafy branch emboss folder onto old olive c/s. Cut out. I was having a heck of a time with the flowers and where to lay them. Once I had the leaves attached, I used the flower punch on the same dp used for the flower pot. I used the cb textile folder on the white flower to give it some texture. I added 3 mini flower punches to a few larger flowers and added dew drops to the centers with glue dots. All the flowers are attached with mini pop dots. The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts I got from a garage sale. I didn't follow directions well, so my card actually is a little bigger than the standard A2 envelope. But I will adjust it for my class. Thanks for the great challenge Lynn. Have a wonderful day! Thanks for your comments!
Registered: April 3, 2007 Location: In a state of oblivion.... Posts: 12383
Mon, Apr 06, 2009 @ 2:15 PM
WOW! Love what you have done and I'm sure it will be a hit with your class! So cheery and springy... :)
------------------------------ Heather :)...... My Gallery “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."