Ok, maybe I should call this card something else because it gave me heck all morning. On top of that, my camera wanted to change the real color of the photo because of the light I am having to adjust all the time until I get the camera to the doctor. So, I had to scan my photo today. At least this way, you are seeing the real color. On to my story:
I seen the color challenge come out this morning about 1:30am...yes, I was still up. I am working on my pen pal cards. Anyways, when I saw the colors being always artichoke, rose red, and black, I knew I wanted to make a rose card. But the mojo wasn't there until later today. I started out by cutting an oval shape using the cm cutting system from the rose red c/s. I cut another oval piece smaller from the green c/s. I used the cb textile emboss folder twice and actually matched it up without messing it up. I sponged on top the embossing, the inside of oval, and the edges with black. I used the versamark ink pad and covered the whole RR c/s and embossed it using clear powder. Heat set. I mounted the green to the RR. I picked up this rose stamp from a garage sale awhile ago and thought I would use it here. I stamped it using black ink. I colored the roses with prismacolor pencils, baby oil, and blending stumps. I added a fine line on the tips of the roses with MS glitter. I added the white ribbon along with a sentiment tag. I used the MS butterfly punch for the butterflies and added mini rhinestones. Attached with glue dots. In the meantime, I went to mount the card onto the black, wouldnt you know the black had gunk all over the back of it...wrong pile. So needless to say, I had to trim away, recut, and remount the card again. I really struggled with this card. I hope you like it. Thanks for viewing my card and honest opinions please. Have a nice day!
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 GMT Views: 707