I wanted this watermill to look more man-ish, and also didn't want to watercolor the entire image, so the spotlight technique worked perfect for me.
I used patina stickles on the water and that added some nice sparkle.
* ALL CDSTAMPS LLC STAMP SETS USED: Watermill
* CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: watercolor, white, baja breeze, chocolate chip
* INKPADS: really rust, old olive, baja breeze, close to cocoa, sahara sand, chocolate chip, brilliance graphite
* ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: CTMH bitty brads, waterbrush, sewing machine, patina stickles, su dimensionals, forest branches cuttlebug folder, nestabilities dies, SU chocolate twill
* COLORING MEDIUM : watercolor on watercolor paper
* SPECIAL TECHNIQUES : spotlighting
Registered: February 6, 2008 Location: Northern Chesapeake Bay, Maryland Posts: 5496
Thu, Jan 29, 2009 @ 2:07 PM
Laurie, this is so "artsy" ... love that "inset" idea. Too cool! And the pretty background emobssing and lovely watercoloring make this card pop!
------------------------------ Linda's Blog: My Little Yellow Cottage "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit;
for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5
Registered: March 11, 2008 Location: Sacramento, California Posts: 39826
Thu, Jan 29, 2009 @ 9:13 PM
Love your your spotlighted this image! Way cool! Plus, your coloring is awesome! Laurie you done good! ....On all the cards today! TFS :0)
------------------------------ Cathy B aka: Mutnik ....or is it Nutmeg?! I get so confused!
Smile.......people will wonder what you are up to! :0)
Proud Fan Club Member
2010 DT for Rubbernecker Stamps My Gallery