I missed last week's limited supply so I combined it with this week's sketch and way to use it challenges. The limited supply had some very strict rules and I think I stuck to them:
1. White/Vanilla as main color
2. Second color MUST be either black, brown (any shade) or gray
3. Add a third color to accent the first two colors
4. Use ONLY ink that matches the cardstock colors you have chosen – no extra colors here!
5. NO patterned paper or background stamps
6. Stamp only ONE image, ONE time, somewhere on the white piece of cardstock. Remember that you are LIMITED to only THREE colors – TOTAL!! No cheating by adding extra colors to a line art image that has to be colored in!
7. If you use punches or a Nestabilties-type die, please stamp the image on white or vanilla there as well, keeping your top background layer white/vanilla, too!
8. Stamp a sentiment and add to your card (this step is optional) – only use it once
9. Embellish as you like (ribbons, brads, Cuttlebug embossing folders)
10. NO “distressing” the white cardstock – (that would be sponging!) – we want to keep these layers “clean”
I inked the leaf in basic brown and then my old olive ink pad and marker with a blender pen to color it in. I don't have any charms so I created one with a few punches: 1", 1 1/4" circles and the small oval.
The finishing touches were to distress the edges of the layers with a distressing tool, add the ribbon, the brads and the paper piercing.
Thanks for looking!
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008 GMT Views: 1513