This is for today's SC187, and also Cindy's teapot challenge #5 - http://mothermark.blogspot.com/2008/...tuesday-5.html.
The sketch was great, I loved it and I'll try it again on a smaller card (had to use a sheet of card folded in half for this one), but I sure hope next week's teapot is less challenging, hint hint.
I used the thick and thin ends of a Marvy Marker to do the red check paper.
And the French Country stencil for the Fiskars ShapeBoss for the grey relief at the bottom (chalked over).
Those were the easy bits. The only rooster I had was on the Fiskars stencil - so, I embossed him and then used an adaptation of the chalkboard technique. After I'd done the embossing I flipped the stencil over and sponged it with some Staz-On White re-inker. Then I shaved some chalk pastel over it and brushed it in. If nothing else, at least it gives a feathery effect. I reckoned the Staz-On would hold the chalk pretty well, but I heat-set it and then sprayed it with aerosol fixative just to be sure. Then I added his eye with black and white Sakura Glaze pens.
I sponged the edge of his panel with white, added red snaps in the corners and mounted it up on the main panel.
The strawberries are made with red mulberry paper, green paper and heart and daisy punches.
I had prepared a scrap of black paper sponged with the Staz-On and then with purple chalk rubbed in in case I made that lovely bunch of currants, but I didn't think they'd fit. However, I did add a red organza bow at the top.
Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 GMT Views: 418
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 59993
Wed, Jul 30, 2008 @ 1:56 PM
Hee! What a cute card! Its all there! The plaid, the rooster, the strawberries! Its perfect...and you are right..this is a great sketch! How fun that you combined the two. I love that you are playing every week! Thanks also for providing the link......Its a great card!