Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #121
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you ladies on the replies about the digi downloads working o.k. with the Mac's! I really appreciate it! Happy New Year and good stamping!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #122
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisahenke View Post
I'm sure it will be a long 4 months, but trust that you have raised her right and focus on all the positives. As a parent it's hard to NOT worry. Studying abroad is something I wish I had done, I had a handful of friends do it and they said it was the BEST experience ever!!!! How exciting for her!!! We'll be her for you Melody, to help the time pass a little faster
Thank you Lisa!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #123

Quote:
sooo, what's everyone got going today? I feel like we are starting to get back to normalcy after the holidays. Tomorrow the kiddos go back to school, I got almost all my holiday decorations down, and today we are chillin'. I think I might take the boys to see a movie (Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs) at the discount theater. Tim is working 3-midnight, so I'll get the boys to bed early and have a little time to work on the digi challenge before I hit the hay. 6:30 is going to come waaaaay early tomorrow!
Yes, back to reality tomorrow! I have to go back to work!! Today we are going to see Avatar as a family. I still need to to take my Christmas decorations down but we decided to wait a day. One more fun day is needed!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #124
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
sooo, what's everyone got going today? I feel like we are starting to get back to normalcy after the holidays. Tomorrow the kiddos go back to school, I got almost all my holiday decorations down, and today we are chillin'. I think I might take the boys to see a movie (Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs) at the discount theater. Tim is working 3-midnight, so I'll get the boys to bed early and have a little time to work on the digi challenge before I hit the hay. 6:30 is going to come waaaaay early tomorrow!
We got a few more inches of snow last night. Blech. I'll be staying inside, in front of the fire, watching football. Last Sunday. Boooohhooooo. Oh, I'll be checking out some pretty blogs too!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #125
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrupple View Post
Yes, back to reality tomorrow! I have to go back to work!! Today we are going to see Avatar as a family. I still need to to take my Christmas decorations down but we decided to wait a day. One more fun day is needed!
Would you believe DH took the tree down the day after Christmas?!?! It was the funniest thing. I woke up on the 26th and there was NO tree! He got up early that day and must have been tired of looking at it. haha. I still need to take down all the Christmas cards. They're so pretty on my mantel though. I might wait a while longer...
Old 01-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Just chillin'. I gotta go to work tomorrow......o'dark thirty....after 10 days of staying up late, sleeping late. Ooooyyieieeee!! Not ready to take down the tree, but will probably start with the outside decor. A bright and sunny 70' here. Maybe, if I get lucky, I can get some stamping in. Probably not, but one can be hopeful.
jennik
Old 01-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahmegan View Post
Would you believe DH took the tree down the day after Christmas?!?! It was the funniest thing. I woke up on the 26th and there was NO tree! He got up early that day and must have been tired of looking at it. haha. I still need to take down all the Christmas cards. They're so pretty on my mantel though. I might wait a while longer...

What, what happened to the 12 DAYS of Christmas???!!! I try and leave mine up for as long as possible. DH may have other ideas, but whatever.
jennik
Old 01-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #128
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjodylynn View Post
Last week's winners are:

*________________
(via random draw from the gallery uploads)

*________________
(via random draw from Mr. Linky on Kim's blog)

They won _________________

(Blanks will be filled in by Kim on 12/30/09)

To see all the entries from last week's WSC, click HERE.

Did I miss this info???? Just wondered? All of a sudden I realised that I hadn't seen this.

jennik
Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #129
Stamp'n In The Light

Quote:

I'm hoping to recover from yesterday. We moved a bunch of furniture around. Got rid of one couch that a cat decided to use as a cat box grrrr, and moved in my MIL's couch she was going to get rid of since she decided she needed new furniture. Remember that pic I showed you of my packed itty bitty corner of the living room? Well DH said I needed more space in the living room since he doesn't want me moving to another room. He likes having me in the living room with him so we can talk while I'm stamping. So we moved the love seat closer to the couch to make a corner unit and now I have more room behind the two couches. Now, I just have to get some storage units, he says shelves, no iris carts, and put up a small table so my Janome can be set up AND used finally. Right now that corner is such a mess from having to pile and re-pile my stuff that I had neatly stacked under the coffee table, or on the love seat, all in it's place. So today, my back is out, and I'm so stiff and sore and learning about musles I didn't know existed. Hopefully, within the next week I'll have my space finally put together and can post a pic. I'm so excited!

My Blog - Stamping In The Light
Sr. Design Team Member Mark's Finest Papers,
Old 01-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrupple View Post
That is a long time from now! You will have to go there!

Lisa stayed at her college for the summer year before last. But she didn't get as many hours of work as she had hoped and we had to help her out.

My girls are still at home. Lisa leaves next week. Kayley is home for an other month because she is studying aboard next semester. She is going to Prague! I had my first nightmare the other night. It is going to be a LONG four months for me! My hubby talked me into letting her go, he says that if she has that kind of drive, we have to support her. She has a good head on her shoulders and 15 other students from her business school are going. But still, I am freaking out!
YIKES!!!! That is WAY too far away... as a student who went overseas with my Spanish class and then was stationed over seas in the Military THAT part of me says, COOL!!!!!! The MOM in me says OH HELL NO!!!!! LOL

I got you Babe! We can yakkity and smakkity with all these other BESTEST EVER STAMPERS/FRIENDS anyone has EVER had!!!!!!!

Bub left today, and then had to come right back, Wallet was in the drawer! LMAO SEE WHY I WORRY????
Old 01-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduse View Post
I'm hoping to recover from yesterday. We moved a bunch of furniture around. Got rid of one couch that a cat decided to use as a cat box grrrr, and moved in my MIL's couch she was going to get rid of since she decided she needed new furniture. Remember that pic I showed you of my packed itty bitty corner of the living room? Well DH said I needed more space in the living room since he doesn't want me moving to another room. He likes having me in the living room with him so we can talk while I'm stamping. So we moved the love seat closer to the couch to make a corner unit and now I have more room behind the two couches. Now, I just have to get some storage units, he says shelves, no iris carts, and put up a small table so my Janome can be set up AND used finally. Right now that corner is such a mess from having to pile and re-pile my stuff that I had neatly stacked under the coffee table, or on the love seat, all in it's place. So today, my back is out, and I'm so stiff and sore and learning about musles I didn't know existed. Hopefully, within the next week I'll have my space finally put together and can post a pic. I'm so excited!
That Ken of yours is MORE and MORE cool EVERY Post!!!!! YAY for more space and him WANTING your "crap stuff" in the living room!!!!! I just make sure the house we are in has an extra room for my stuff, no matter HOW SMALL, I got TIRED of hearing about glitter in the food after working on the table!!!! Sheesh, gimme a break, it's just kinda like FIBER!!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennik View Post
Did I miss this info???? Just wondered? All of a sudden I realised that I hadn't seen this.

jennik
Nope! It never got posted!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #133
Splitcoast Member Company

Quote:

jennik
Nope, I totally forgot to do it, and have it on the calendar to do in the morning! I got so caught up with Xmas prep that it slipped my mind. Which isn't hard to do..
Old 01-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #134
Splitcoast Member Company

Today we are hanging at home and not going anywhere. Well, I'm not going anywhere. Hubby ran out to pick up something for all of you ladies (I will keep you posted, but think alternate, and MUCH more effective ribbon packaging) and B took off the second we let her off the hook for family day. We all watched Sound of Music, which I'd never seen before, and our traditional Sunday Pot Roast is in the crock pot making the whole house smell delightful!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MFT Lady View Post
Nope, I totally forgot to do it, and have it on the calendar to do in the morning! I got so caught up with Xmas prep that it slipped my mind. Which isn't hard to do..
It's OK to be human!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #136
Stamp'n In The Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliJo View Post
YIKES!!!! That is WAY too far away... as a student who went overseas with my Spanish class and then was stationed over seas in the Military THAT part of me says, COOL!!!!!! The MOM in me says OH HELL NO!!!!! LOL

I got you Babe! We can yakkity and smakkity with all these other BESTEST EVER STAMPERS/FRIENDS anyone has EVER had!!!!!!!

Bub left today, and then had to come right back, Wallet was in the drawer! LMAO SEE WHY I WORRY????

Yeah, I see why you worry about him so much. Left brain doesn't know what the right brain is doing. Sounds like my DS. Must be that Y chromosome according to my high school anatomy teacher.

My Blog - Stamping In The Light
Sr. Design Team Member Mark's Finest Papers,
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #137
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Today we are hanging at home and not going anywhere. Well, I'm not going anywhere. Hubby ran out to pick up something for all of you ladies (I will keep you posted, but think alternate, and MUCH more effective ribbon packaging) and B took off the second we let her off the hook for family day. We all watched Sound of Music, which I'd never seen before, and our traditional Sunday Pot Roast is in the crock pot making the whole house smell delightful!
Okay, how is it possible that you have never seen the Sounds of Music before???
Old 01-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #138
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliJo View Post
That Ken of yours is MORE and MORE cool EVERY Post!!!!! YAY for more space and him WANTING your "crap stuff" in the living room!!!!! I just make sure the house we are in has an extra room for my stuff, no matter HOW SMALL, I got TIRED of hearing about glitter in the food after working on the table!!!! Sheesh, gimme a break, it's just kinda like FIBER!!!!!
LOL My brother gets so mad at me when he gets glitter on his face! I don't even stamp in the living room and it seems to make it's way out there!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #139
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Yeah, I see why you worry about him so much. Left brain doesn't know what the right brain is doing. Sounds like my DS. Must be that Y chromosome according to my high school anatomy teacher.
Definitely a Y Chromosome thing!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #140
Gabfest Goddess

Okay, I have a complaint Kim! Are you trying to secretly sabotage my new healthy eating? Who brings out all these amazing chocolate sayings and a very cool chocoholic set the first week of January? I almost licked the computer screen when I saw Frances's drippy chocolate card! lol
Old 01-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #141
Gabfest Goddess

I need Chris back here soon! I've taken up talking to myself!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #142
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinjewelsd View Post
LOL My brother gets so mad at me when he gets glitter on his face! I don't even stamp in the living room and it seems to make it's way out there!
I find red tape liner around the house....
Old 01-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #143
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Okay, I have a complaint Kim! Are you trying to secretly sabotage my new healthy eating? Who brings out all these amazing chocolate sayings and a very cool chocoholic set the first week of January? I almost licked the computer screen when I saw Frances's drippy chocolate card! lol
LOL! I told her I wanted my tongue under drippy chocolate like that!! Yum!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #144
Gabfest Goddess

Bonnie, I can't wait to see your new stampy space!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #145
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I love that movie!! I can't wait to see what Martin got! Sounds exciting.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #146
Glitter Guru

We are enjoying our last day off. I did have to get up and get ready so I could go to church but come right home and put my jammies back on and spent some time in the craft room. I have decided it is time to get some new paper though, not liking anything I have in there. But I am loving all the valentines paper you all have for your samples.

Kim seriously you have never seen Sound of Music before? I thought everyone had seen that movie. Did you like it?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #147
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I love moving stuff around but not when it makes me sore . You will have to take pics of the "larger" space .
Old 01-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #148
Crimping Master

All right, I'm all caught up on all the posts now....not sure if I'm going to tackle this challenge. Even though I have a working printer now, I'm still scared of digi stamps.....can't explain why. I spent the day dreading going back to school tomorrow to attempt to teach half asleep high schoolers (heck, I will be half asleep myself!). When not thinking of getting up at 5:45, I made my card for the guest DT challenge, and started on the last of my thank you notes while watching the Bears win their 2nd in a row. Too bad the season is over for them, they were on a roll

KJ--Sorry to hear of your impending single social status. Even though I just cyber met you, I'm sending you a big ole' {hug}. As for your son, hope he didn't make it too far away before he figured out he left his wallet.

Megan--Very jealous of your snowfall. I can't get enough of the white stuff, although I'd love for the big snow we are forecast to get on Thursday to come either a day early or a day late as I have to drive a mini bus of Thespians to the IL High School TheaterFest and I'm not looking forward to driving in snow....again (happened last year and it stressed me out).

Bonnie--Can't wait to see your new space!

Melody--I hope you'll be able to make it through your daughter's semester in Prague with flying colors. What an opportunity for her! Like Lisa said, I always wish I had done the studying abroad thing. I have had students spend an entire year overseas and they come back with a totally new perspective on the world and it's a fantastic thing for them. I hope it works out that way for your daughter.

Kim--You've NEVER seen Sound of Music? Even though the name of your company is My Favorite Things? Now I have that song going through my head

Ummmmm, I think I'm done now
Old 01-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #149
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That's OK. I thought I missed it. Which is easy for me, since 'puter time is some what limited. I gotta share at home and work always seems to interfer with my fun stuff.

jennik
Old 01-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #150
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
yummmmm pot roast........... With taters and carrots? Fettucini alfredo here. How can you NEVER have seen Sound of Music?? Is that possbile??? Hopefully you watched it on a DVD or blueray, no commercials. Way better that way.

jennik
Old 01-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #151
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
shssss, you be quite!! You will just have hit the tread mill a little longer. But yea, between ya'll the realness of the chocolate is pretty dang fattening from here. That shiny glazey pen thing. Gotta get me one of those.

jennik
Old 01-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #152
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
If find glitter and the backs of the dimentionals EVERYWHERE!! But they vacuum up pretty well, if one where to actually vacuum.

jennik
Old 01-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I need Chris back here soon! I've taken up talking to myself!
You???? I think it's me.
jennik
Old 01-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #154
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I WISH I could have taken our tree down the day after Christmas!!!!! MY DH wants it up a little longer. New Years is over, the tree needs to come down! LOL!

We didn't get that many cards this year. I only sent out a quarter of what I normally send. Guess everyone is busy. I think I'm going to do that 10 Christmas cards a month thing. Not here on SCS, just on my own. Then I won't be scrambling like I do EVERY BLASTED YEAR!!!! And I'll make MFT ones too, so I can send to EVERYONE on the RAK list!
Designer for eclectic Paperie!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #155
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to texasjodylynn

Quote:
So did I! I am SO over all the clutter by the day after Christmas, that I can't get it down fast enough! I told my kiddos I would make them pancakes for breakfast if they helped me put away all the Christmas stuff afterward and they said YES. As soon as we were done eating, we put it ALL away and then I took them to the movies as a reward for helping me. *whew* It looked so plain and clean and I let out a happy sigh. LOL
Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #156
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Just chillin'. I gotta go to work tomorrow......o'dark thirty....after 10 days of staying up late, sleeping late. Ooooyyieieeee!! Not ready to take down the tree, but will probably start with the outside decor. A bright and sunny 70' here. Maybe, if I get lucky, I can get some stamping in. Probably not, but one can be hopeful.
jennik
Jenni! Thank you for the card you sent me. I LOVE it. Thanks for thinking of me!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #157
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
LOL! My hubby often has glitter on his face!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #158
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Mmmmm chocolate. My hubby made a chocolate cake tonight with chocolate frosting. C'mon over and I'll share.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #159
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
OH me too! They are stuck to EVERYTHING! LOL
Old 01-04-2010, 04:05 AM   #160

goood morning, kiddies are off to school and the baby is still sleeping! It's my fave teaser day! I just peeked at those who already posted and OMG! full of sweetness AND JODY your tree is A-mazing! seriously a wow! card.