Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Wednesday Stamp Club (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/wednesday-stamp-club-f267/)
-   -   WSC: Get Digi With It! (12.30.09) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/wednesday-stamp-club-f267/wsc-get-digi-12-30-09-a-t473568.html)

texasjodylynn 12-29-2009 04:37 PM

WSC: Get Digi With It! (12.30.09)

2 Attachment(s)
Ready to get digi with it? This week's stamp club is all about the digital content on the MFT site. We have:

Digital Stamps
Digital Papers
Down-loadable templates and project sheets

Digital content is low-cost, easy and INSTANT!

My samples were made using a couple of the new robot digital stamps. They were printed on white card stock and colored with Copic markers. I'd love everyone to share any hints, tips or tricks you have for using digital stamps (or any other digital content on the site for that matter). Let's share, discuss and be INSPIRED by the topic: Get Digi With It!

Remember, the purpose of Wednesday Stamp Club is to get you inspired and more importantly... STAMPING! You can draw your inspiration from any part of the WSC sample! Use the same image, use any digital content from the site... or get digi in your own creative way. We look forward to seeing YOUR take on the challenge! Make sure to come back and link here so we can all share in your creativity!

This week, the keyword is MFTWSC123009, and you have until Tuesday, January 5th to upload your creation for a chance to win!

1) Upload your creation using keyword MFTWSC123009
2) Post your creation on Kim's BLOG using Mr. Linky (Kim's blog post will be up sometime on 12/30/09

See all the entries for this week's WSC HERE!

Kim will be back later with this week's winners!!

texasjodylynn 12-29-2009 04:39 PM

Last week's winners are:

*________________
(via random draw from the gallery uploads)

*________________
(via random draw from Mr. Linky on Kim's blog)

They won _________________

(Blanks will be filled in by Kim on 12/30/09)

To see all the entries from last week's WSC, click HERE.

texasjodylynn 12-29-2009 04:46 PM

I have a tip for using digital stamps and Copic markers! :)

When I used the robot digi stamp, I colored over the robot eye and had a small amount of smudging. I realized that my printer laid down a lot of ink for solid parts of the digital stamp. All I had to do to eliminate this problem was rub over the more solid portions with an eraser, which removed the excess printer ink. You might not have this issue, depending on what printer you use, but just in case you have one like me (SUPER cheap ink jet), it might be a helpful tip for you. LOL

texasjodylynn 12-29-2009 04:52 PM

One more tip for those of you who are having a hard time "finding" your downloads! LOL

When you save the file, there should be a drop down menu that names a location that the file will save to. If you have a hard time finding a good spot to save to, save it to your DESKTOP. EVERYONE knows where their desktop is! LOL Then, as you become more proficient with digital content, you can move them to a special file if you wish. :)

raduse 12-29-2009 05:50 PM

Hot doggies!!! I so can do this one too.

Stampin'NPA 12-29-2009 06:58 PM

This will be a fun one! I might have to do it now, just so I have time to get it in before next week! LOL!

Stampin'NPA 12-29-2009 07:09 PM

The thing I like most about digital stamps is that I can resize it, flip it, make a head turn the other way. It's so easy to manipulate. Much nicer and easier than w/ real stamps.

raduse 12-29-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'NPA (Post 15786416)
This will be a fun one! I might have to do it now, just so I have time to get it in before next week! LOL!

Now why wouldn't you have time to get it done? Hmmmmm??:confused: Busy with DT work are you?

Stampin'NPA 12-30-2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduse (Post 15786562)
Now why wouldn't you have time to get it done? Hmmmmm??:confused: Busy with DT work are you?

Ha! Yeah right! Not me! LOL! I was thinking more along the lines of New Years!

stampinjewelsd 12-30-2009 08:53 AM

All right Jody, I got digi with it too! lol This was my first attempt at using anything digi other than the wonderful templates! It was definitely easier than I thought it was going to be!

The thing I loved most about using the digi stamps was being able to manipulate the size of the image! There are so many amazing images that I would love to have a bit larger or smaller depending on the project I am working on. With the digi stamps that's no problem! My only issue with this card was learning how to color again with with my very neglected Prisma Color Pencils! Those poor things have been completely ignored since Copics came along!

Gettin' Digi MFT Style

Inside

lisahenke 12-30-2009 10:10 AM

sooo cute, Julie! just left you some love. I'm going to finally get those cutie pie robots and see what I can do with them. Jody you made them look FAB!

mrupple 12-30-2009 10:49 AM

Sounds like a fun challenge! I will try an play. Busy getting things ready for next weeks release!

Cute cards Julie and Jody!

daiseyfreak 12-30-2009 03:54 PM

i am going to Try and play this week :) great challenge!

kittycatsx4 12-30-2009 04:41 PM

Do the MFT digi downloads work with Apples?

raduse 12-30-2009 05:31 PM

Erin, here's the next installment for you.:mrgreen:

July
August
September
Blog

Last installment will be tommorrow.

Stampin'NPA 12-30-2009 06:29 PM

Awesome job, Bonnie!

daiseyfreak 12-30-2009 07:58 PM

i started working on my project, yay! I'm using the baby it's cold outside and the cocoa print outs, all were free from KIM at one point and time, yay, thanks so much Kim!

daiseyfreak 12-30-2009 07:58 PM

fun fun bonnie!

raduse 12-30-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'NPA (Post 15792991)
Awesome job, Bonnie!

Thanks Erin.

raduse 12-30-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 15793476)
fun fun bonnie!

Thanks Joy.

I have got my project done for this week too. Now to photograph it and get it uploaded. I've decided to use those fun loving robots and I've had a blast with them too.

jaymerz 12-31-2009 06:38 AM

How fun!! I need to learn to love digi's :D.

So what are your big plans for tonight? We are doing a home party with the kids, we ordered the new mario game and it is supposed to be here today. We are going to eat ourselves sick with belly button cookies, mini pizzas and burgers, chicken wings and a shrimp tray :D. And then tomorrow we will start our resolutions to eat healthy :twisted:

Stampin'NPA 12-31-2009 07:02 AM

Hahaha, that sounds like a lot of fun Jamie!
We are all going out to dinner. My grandparents are here from WV, and we always go out to dinner on New Years Eve and then to a movie. Since there's such an age difference, we're throwing the movie out and just going to dinner. We won't have to rush this year! And then around midnight, I'll be stamping and watching the New Years festivities on my tv in my stamp room all by myself! I hope to be by myself! Elizabeth is teething, so you never know about that one! LOL! The rest of my family should be sleeping though....

Well have a wonderful New Years!!!!

stampinjewelsd 12-31-2009 07:02 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Bonnie, your calendar is just gorgeous! What an amazing gift to give someone!

It's New Years Eve!!!! I am so looking forward to moving on to next year! I don't know about all of you but 2009 was not the best year for me! I am ready to welcome in 2020!

I am looking forward to spending a quiet evening at home tonight! After many years of working in the hospitality industry I have absolutely no desire to go out on NYE! lol I will enjoy some quiet stamping time. I've heard a rumor that MFT has some amazing stamp sets that will be released on January 6th, so I thought I would work on another project for the big release day!

Speaking of the release, have you all been checking out Kim's blog this week? You can catch a quick peek at some of the new images and you can enter to win some of the new sets. If memory serves me correctly, Kim even mentioned how many new Pure Innocence sets will be released on the 6th. Did any of you catch that number? I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone mention it here yet!

stampinjewelsd 12-31-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittycatsx4 (Post 15792092)

Susan, I am almost 99% sure that they will work on a Mac. Kim has a Mac and we've seen her design with them.

daiseyfreak 12-31-2009 07:30 AM

i am working until 7:30, and then going to a party with friends who are coming in from out of town. We always have so much fun together, so I'm excited!

have a safe NYE everyone!

kittycatsx4 12-31-2009 07:44 AM

Thanks for the info Julie!

cmf1216 12-31-2009 07:58 AM

Hi, all!

I can't wait to see everyone's digi creations this week! With all the digi papers, stamps, and templates, there are so many possibilities!!

I hope you all have a fun and safe New Year's Eve! We'll be spending a quiet evening at home with our two little girls, while our teenagers are out with their friends!

2010 promises to be lots of fun at MFT -- I can't wait! :)

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

mrupple 12-31-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

I have a MAC. They work fine!

mrupple 12-31-2009 09:34 AM

Bonnie, I love your calendar pages!

Tonight we are going out to dinner with five other couples, our closest friends, and then to one of the couples home to hang out until midnight.

I am with Julie, I am ready to move on to a New Year. This year has been a difficult year for us in many ways. But I have had some very nice surprises too!

Happy New Year Everyone! I know it will be fun year here with MFT!

jaymerz 12-31-2009 12:50 PM

I am glad to hear I am not the only one looking forward to 2010 after surviving 2009. I am looking forward to the changes it had better bring ;). I haven't checked the blog but now I am off too, I love those little PI stamps :D.

texasjodylynn 12-31-2009 01:01 PM

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! I hope you all have a fun and safe celebration. :)

I'll be staying home with the kids and playing board games and video games until the ball drops I am sure. LOL We'll celebrate and then go to bed. I am making fajitas and some snacks for tonight.

HUGS!

jennik 12-31-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduse (Post 15792496)

July
August
September
Blog

Wow, Bonnie!!! You did a great job with these!! I love the altered PI July image!!
jennik

jennik 12-31-2009 01:44 PM

Dinner and movie for us. Or should I say movie (bargain matinee) and then dinner. :) Then home. He's going duck hunting and I have been sick, so I think it will be an early night for us. :) shehesssshh ......... we are getting old!! ;)
Happy New Year!!
jennik

The MFT Lady 12-31-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymerz (Post 15795055)

So what are your big plans for tonight? We are doing a home party with the kids, we ordered the new mario game and it is supposed to be here today. We are going to eat ourselves sick with belly button cookies, mini pizzas and burgers, chicken wings and a shrimp tray :D. And then tomorrow we will start our resolutions to eat healthy :twisted:

What are belly button cookies? I might need some..

The MFT Lady 12-31-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymerz (Post 15797424)
I am glad to hear I am not the only one looking forward to 2010 after surviving 2009. I am looking forward to the changes it had better bring ;). I haven't checked the blog but now I am off too, I love those little PI stamps :D.

Survive is definitely the right word Jamie! I am SO ready for this year to be gone! I hope the ball dropping isn't a let down!

The MFT Lady 12-31-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Yes ma'am!

jennik 12-31-2009 03:13 PM

Uhhh Miss Kim,
What's this I see about you not getting the Mom of the year?? Your 17 yr old ( and BTW, no way you have a 17yr old) just got her belly button pierced and a new (to her) car for her Bday!!!! WAY TO GO MOM!!! If that's not Mom of the Year, I don't know what is. If you would consider adopting me I will vote you mom of the year!! ;)
cheers!!
jennik

raduse 12-31-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennik (Post 15797826)
Wow, Bonnie!!! You did a great job with these!! I love the altered PI July image!!
jennik

Why thank you.

cveneruso 12-31-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduse (Post 15792496)

July
August
September
Blog

I love the PI in July where you put in the flag. so, so cute.

cveneruso 12-31-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymerz (Post 15795055)

sounds so fun! need to know what belly button cookies are.
we just got back from my brother's house. we watched "Inglorious Bastards" and now will watch something here and fall asleep before midnight, maybe wake up in time to see the ball drop. maybe not.
wishing you all a fun and safe night.