Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Wednesday Stamp Club (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/wednesday-stamp-club-f267/)
-   -   Wednesday Stamp Club: Alter It - 01.27.10 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/wednesday-stamp-club-f267/wednesday-stamp-club-alter-01-27-10-a-t477487.html)

basilefamily 01-23-2010 05:39 PM

Wednesday Stamp Club: Alter It - 01.27.10
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone!

Kim asked if I'd host this week's Wednesday Stamp Club and of course I said YES!

One of my favorite things to do, is to create little pieces of art with my stamps. One of my favorite pieces now sits on top of my desk in my living room. I repainted an old frame I didn't care for, and watercolored a little something to coordinate with my furniture.

Did you see Amy's beautiful piece for her kitchen on the hop last week. Sigh... it was beautiful! Our junkie pal turned DT member Megan has also created so many beautiful and thoughtful home decor pieces.

So, this week's challenge, is to create a piece of altered art/home decor using your MFT stamps.

I created a little video this week (found here) , using a little artist canvas I found at AC Moore for FOUR DOLLARS (love that) and its now a fridge magnet to get into the Valentine spirit!

Please add your creation to the Mr Linky on the THIS POST on the MFT Blog. You can post your creation to your blog, or to your SCS gallery, and then just copy the URL where your creation is located and add it! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, pop a note on the thread, or PM me and one of us will help you out!

How could I forget to add the winner of last week's texture challenge.... drum roll please.... congratulations to Chris! I just LOVE the ruffled treatment around her card, and that cuttlebug moon. So very sweet!

lisahenke 01-27-2010 03:17 AM

yeah! Chris!!!! I just hopped through all the creations and gasped when I got to hers-LOVED all the lace!
and Joanne!!!!! you really are putting us to the test, NO waiting till the last minute on this one. ooooo-I'm so excited though, how fun!
your magnet-canvas is gorgeous!!!

lisahenke 01-27-2010 03:20 AM

what a fun viedo! loved the fast forward and your little comentary-hot fix applicator, I should get one of those too ;)

basilefamily 01-27-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisahenke (Post 15991279)
yeah! Chris!!!! I just hopped through all the creations and gasped when I got to hers-LOVED all the lace!
and Joanne!!!!! you really are putting us to the test, NO waiting till the last minute on this one. ooooo-I'm so excited though, how fun!
your magnet-canvas is gorgeous!!!

So glad you liked it, it was a BLAST to make! And trust me, I know you girls will have so much fun, and its so worth it to have something that represents YOU and your love of this craft!

and of course, as always, you'll all knock my socks off with your creativity.

Sorry the thread wasn't up last night, I fell asleep! WHAT? My sister is expecting, and we were really hoping last night was the night (I'm on overnight duty for her little girl... so I can't play night owl in case my phone rings at three.)

MsuK2girl 01-27-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilefamily (Post 15967595)
Hi Everyone!

Kim asked if I'd host this week's Wednesday Stamp Club and of course I said YES!

One of my favorite things to do, is to create little pieces of art with my stamps. One of my favorite pieces now sits on top of my desk in my living room. I repainted an old frame I didn't care for, and watercolored a little something to coordinate with my furniture.

Did you see Amy's beautiful piece for her kitchen on the hop last week. Sigh... it was beautiful! Our junkie pal turned DT member Megan has also created so many beautiful and thoughtful home decor pieces.

So, this week's challenge, is to create a piece of altered art/home decor using your MFT stamps.

I created a little video this week (found here) , using a little artist canvas I found at AC Moore for FOUR DOLLARS (love that) and its now a fridge magnet to get into the Valentine spirit!

Please add your creation to the Mr Linky on the THIS POST on the MFT Blog. You can post your creation to your blog, or to your SCS gallery, and then just copy the URL where your creation is located and add it! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, pop a note on the thread, or PM me and one of us will help you out!

How could I forget to add the winner of last week's texture challenge.... drum roll please.... congratulations to Chris! I just LOVE the ruffled treatment around her card, and that cuttlebug moon. So very sweet!

Yay Chris!!!!!! Congrats


This challenge is going to take me out of my comfort zone...but that's a good thing!!! Time to scheme...:twisted:

lisahenke 01-27-2010 03:47 AM

oh a new baby! how exciting and I fall asleep all the time!!! usually by 9:30, it drives DH nuts. LOL!

lisahenke 01-27-2010 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsuK2girl (Post 15991316)
Yay Chris!!!!!! Congrats


This challenge is going to take me out of my comfort zone...but that's a good thing!!! Time to scheme...:twisted:

scheme....hehehe, you crack me up. I think I did my first home decor piece during the SYTYCS contest-it was a 6x6 framed holiday piece and it made me smile everytime I walked by it.

daiseyfreak 01-27-2010 05:22 AM

congrats Chris! I love altering, so this will be fun!

MsuK2girl 01-27-2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisahenke (Post 15991394)
scheme....hehehe, you crack me up. I think I did my first home decor piece during the SYTYCS contest-it was a 6x6 framed holiday piece and it made me smile everytime I walked by it.

I've come up with an idea! Going to try a technique that is brand new to me. However since the DT feels the need to tease me all day... I'm not telling either!!!!:twisted:

basilefamily 01-27-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsuK2girl (Post 15992237)
I've come up with an idea! Going to try a technique that is brand new to me. However since the DT feels the need to tease me all day... I'm not telling either!!!!:twisted:

See, isn't that FUN!!

basilefamily 01-27-2010 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisahenke (Post 15991382)
oh a new baby! how exciting and I fall asleep all the time!!! usually by 9:30, it drives DH nuts. LOL!


yes, my little sister has a 15 month old, and is due again any day. YIKES!

And Lisa, that's why I started crafting, otherwise, I was snoring on the couch by 9:30 and my DH would be highly irritated! Now I stay up too late carding, he's not sure which is worse....

deborahmegan 01-27-2010 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsuK2girl (Post 15992237)
I've come up with an idea! Going to try a technique that is brand new to me. However since the DT feels the need to tease me all day... I'm not telling either!!!!:twisted:

Tell me, tell me, tell me!!

deborahmegan 01-27-2010 06:48 AM

Good morning girls! What a fun challenge. I have *just* the project!

janacb 01-27-2010 06:52 AM

Congrats Chris...I hear that will come in handy with the release coming up!

Beautiful piece Joanne. Is there some sort of conspiracy going on that everyone must buy bling bet??? All I need is another alphabet set...but I've realized I MUST have this set!

OK, now to plan what I'll make...hmmmmm.

cveneruso 01-27-2010 06:52 AM

ACK! I can't believe I won, I had such a hard time coming up with that card. I had those stamps sitting on my desk for days waiting for some inspirations.
Thanks everyone.

basilefamily 01-27-2010 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janacb (Post 15992662)
Congrats Chris...I hear that will come in handy with the release coming up!

Beautiful piece Joanne. Is there some sort of conspiracy going on that everyone must buy bling bet??? All I need is another alphabet set...but I've realized I MUST have this set!

OK, now to plan what I'll make...hmmmmm.

LOL! No conspiracy, I just love the 'bet. Maybe beause I love the bling?

deborahmegan 01-27-2010 06:55 AM

Awesome video, Jo! I love it. :) You're a pro with the speedy video and the voice over--I'd never figure all that out! I need to get that hot fix thing too. I'll probably forget, but I need to!

MsuK2girl 01-27-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmegan (Post 15992642)
Tell me, tell me, tell me!!

Never! Muhuhuhwaahaha

Ok maybe I can tease... the objective is: gift for a friend, who happens to be an almost gourmet chef! (She grew up in France... I just can't compete with that)

cveneruso 01-27-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilefamily (Post 15967595)
Hi Everyone!

Kim asked if I'd host this week's Wednesday Stamp Club and of course I said YES!

One of my favorite things to do, is to create little pieces of art with my stamps. One of my favorite pieces now sits on top of my desk in my living room. I repainted an old frame I didn't care for, and watercolored a little something to coordinate with my furniture.

Did you see Amy's beautiful piece for her kitchen on the hop last week. Sigh... it was beautiful! Our junkie pal turned DT member Megan has also created so many beautiful and thoughtful home decor pieces.

So, this week's challenge, is to create a piece of altered art/home decor using your MFT stamps.

I created a little video this week (found here) , using a little artist canvas I found at AC Moore for FOUR DOLLARS (love that) and its now a fridge magnet to get into the Valentine spirit!

Please add your creation to the Mr Linky on the THIS POST on the MFT Blog. You can post your creation to your blog, or to your SCS gallery, and then just copy the URL where your creation is located and add it! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, pop a note on the thread, or PM me and one of us will help you out!

How could I forget to add the winner of last week's texture challenge.... drum roll please.... congratulations to Chris! I just LOVE the ruffled treatment around her card, and that cuttlebug moon. So very sweet!

I love that "Love" decoration. Red and white always gets me. Your bow is perfectamundo.

basilefamily 01-27-2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cveneruso (Post 15992703)
I love that "Love" decoration. Red and white always gets me. Your bow is perfectamundo.

Why thanks! (blush)
That ribbon makes for a fantabulous bow. its so nice and fluffy! Not too stiff to work with, not too floppy, just PERFECT!

basilefamily 01-27-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsuK2girl (Post 15992702)
Never! Muhuhuhwaahaha

Ok maybe I can tease... the objective is: gift for a friend, who happens to be an almost gourmet chef! (She grew up in France... I just can't compete with that)

Hmmm. Did your VIP get there already!
Whatever it is, i can't wait to see it!

basilefamily 01-27-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmegan (Post 15992698)
Awesome video, Jo! I love it. :) You're a pro with the speedy video and the voice over--I'd never figure all that out! I need to get that hot fix thing too. I'll probably forget, but I need to!

imovie makes it ridiculously easy. But watch out, its addictive.

deborahmegan 01-27-2010 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilefamily (Post 15992727)
imovie makes it ridiculously easy. But watch out, its addictive.

I was going to take a class on that! Did you use the camera in your laptop or a separate one?

basilefamily 01-27-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmegan (Post 15992768)
I was going to take a class on that! Did you use the camera in your laptop or a separate one?

I used the isight camera in my lapto for the shots where you see my face, then used our video camera for the "working" parts and just set it up on a tripod.

You can also film with your iphone! We got a gorrillapod that is that bendy tripod that you can set up on your desk or on a shelf. i'm going to try that out next.

I'm getting faster at the editing, and it is easier than trying to type out al the details in a step by step photo tutorial.

MsuK2girl 01-27-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilefamily (Post 15992722)
Hmmm. Did your VIP get there already!
Whatever it is, i can't wait to see it!

Patiently waiting!!! 8)

teegee7617 01-27-2010 07:28 AM

Gah! Did you see the pigtails on the PI girl in today's freeze frame??? That kills me! Way too cute.

teegee7617 01-27-2010 07:32 AM

OK, now that I've recovered from the peek of PI cuteness...

I need to to find time to do this challenge this week. This is something I've always wanted to do, but I always get intimidated by projects. I really want to get over this mental block, so I need to do this this weekend.

MsuK2girl 01-27-2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617 (Post 15992953)
Gah! Did you see the pigtails on the PI girl in today's freeze frame??? That kills me! Way too cute.

Judging from the surrounding text... this girl has bloomers!!!! THAT would be the cutest thing ever!!!

teegee7617 01-27-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsuK2girl (Post 15993012)
Judging from the surrounding text... this girl has bloomers!!!! THAT would be the cutest thing ever!!!

Oh, now see I read that as blooming as in flowers. Like maybe she's holding a basket of flowers or something like that. But bloomers would be adorable and might actually kill me with the cute.

MsuK2girl 01-27-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617 (Post 15992987)
OK, now that I've recovered from the peek of PI cuteness...

I need to to find time to do this challenge this week. This is something I've always wanted to do, but I always get intimidated by projects. I really want to get over this mental block, so I need to do this this weekend.

I dont think I've ever done a project for a challenge either!! It's especially challenging because I'm more likely to use flourishes or a fleur de lis for a home decor item... and I don't have any MFT stamps that fit my typical style.

This will definitely be challenging for me!! So I hope you to play along too.

MsuK2girl 01-27-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617 (Post 15993035)
Oh, now see I read that as blooming as in flowers. Like maybe she's holding a basket of flowers or something like that. But bloomers would be adorable and might actually kill me with the cute.

Well I'm not exactly sure... it's mainly just wishful thinking!!!!:mrgreen:

cveneruso 01-27-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsuK2girl (Post 15993051)
I dont think I've ever done a project for a challenge either!! It's especially challenging because I'm more likely to use flourishes or a fleur de lis for a home decor item... and I don't have any MFT stamps that fit my typical style.

This will definitely be challenging for me!! So I hope you to play along too.

you can altar something to give away, if you don't have anyone in mind rest assured that the junkies will be calling dibs on it.

deborahmegan 01-27-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617 (Post 15992953)
Gah! Did you see the pigtails on the PI girl in today's freeze frame??? That kills me! Way too cute.

I about fell over when I saw those pigtails!!!!

deborahmegan 01-27-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cveneruso (Post 15993337)
you can altar something to give away, if you don't have anyone in mind rest assured that the junkies will be calling dibs on it.

She could just make it for KJ to save herself time!

celestial_stamper 01-27-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cveneruso (Post 15992672)
ACK! I can't believe I won, I had such a hard time coming up with that card. I had those stamps sitting on my desk for days waiting for some inspirations.
Thanks everyone.


Congrats!!!

lisahenke 01-27-2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janacb (Post 15992662)
Congrats Chris...I hear that will come in handy with the release coming up!

Beautiful piece Joanne. Is there some sort of conspiracy going on that everyone must buy bling bet??? All I need is another alphabet set...but I've realized I MUST have this set!
OK, now to plan what I'll make...hmmmmm.

YES!!!! and I finally CAVED last month....now to just get it inky!

basilefamily 01-27-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisahenke (Post 15993787)
YES!!!! and I finally CAVED last month....now to just get it inky!

No time like the present! ROTFL!

cmf1216 01-27-2010 10:03 AM

Joanne, your video is fantastic, and your project is totally adorable! :)

cmf1216 01-27-2010 10:06 AM

Hey, everyone!

I haven't been here to chat for a while -- I hope you all are well! I hate it when life gets in the way of stamping and chatting with friends!

I have a few ideas in mind for a project -- let's hope I can get it done! :)

MsuK2girl 01-27-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmf1216 (Post 15994003)
Hey, everyone!

I haven't been here to chat for a while -- I hope you all are well! I hate it when life gets in the way of stamping and chatting with friends!

I have a few ideas in mind for a project -- let's hope I can get it done! :)

Welcome back! Can't wait to see your project!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:12 PM.