Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to texasjodylynn
Default FAQ - Wednesday Stamp Club

MFT is super excited to announce that Wednesday Stamp Club will now be centered around a weekly sketch.  We know your stamping time is precious, and we want you to maintain as much creative freedom as possible.  Sketches are the perfect starting point to a card. Use it as a blueprint, and create a card using the stamp set and supplies that strike your fancy. You can turn to the sketches time and again for creative inspiration.A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday at midnight on the MFT blog. You'll also find the sketch in the MFT forum on SCS on Wednesday morning, as well as in the weekly newsletter. Our talented Challenge and Design Teams will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

We encourage you all to play along, and to enter your card in the weekly draw for up to a $20 gift voucher to the MFT Boutique. Simply follow the sketch and create a card or other paper creation.  You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week, a keyword is assigned to the sketch. All you need to do to enter, is upload your card to the gallery at SCS, and enter the given keyword in the keyword box, during the upload process. After the deadline, we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher! That is up to $100 per month in prizes, JUST for playing along. We hope you'll join us in 2011. MFT will be giving away up to $1040 in vouchers in 2011! That is HUGE! I hope you'll play along for your chance to win a portion of that.

Please note the uploading keyword (and sketch number) will always be noted on the sketch for your convenience. The black logo is not part of the sketch. You'll also find that on every sketch, as a reminder where the sketch originated. Thanks in advance for playing along . We are SO looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Hi everyone! I am compiling some of the most frequently asked questions about Wednesday Stamp Club. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and someone will be happy to help you.

Q: I don't belong to a club, how do I play along?
A: It's not a club you have to sign up for. Just jump right in and start playing along. Every Wednesday the sketch will be posted in the SCS MFT forum (where you are now). Just make your card and upload it to the gallery on SCS using the specified keyword. You can also visit that week's WSC chat thread and post a link to your creation, or chat with fellow MFT fans, and design team members.

Q: What is a keyword? Where do I add that?
A: The keyword is posted in that week's WSC thread on SCS, and it can also be found on the sketch itself. You add the keyword during the upload process in the SCS gallery. (see mini tutorial below - coming soon)

Q: Do you offer prizes?
A: YES! We offer a weekly prize of up to a $20 MFT voucher. There is a random drawing of all cards uploaded prior to the deadline (which is outlined in that week's thread). The random winner will win a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the winner will receive an extra $5, for a total of $20! That's up to $1040 in prizes in 2011!

Q: Do I have to use MFT Stamps for my Wednesday Stamp Club card?
A: Nope, we encourage anyone and everyone to play. We love it when you use MFT stamps, but you are welcome to play along with any stamps, and are still eligible to win a prize.

Q: Do I have to add a thumbnail of my card on the weekly WSC thread on SCS?
A: No, but you can if you'd like to, as long as it's in addition to uploading it to the gallery. We pull the random winner from the gallery using the keyword, so that is the only way you can win.

Q: What do you do in the weekly WSC thread?
A: We show off our cards, chat, encourage eachother, talk about the weather... anything. Come and chat with your fellow MFT sisters if the mood strikes...

Q: This is my first time uploading a card at SCS and for MFTWSC and I don't think I did it right because I don't see my card when I search and it doesn't show up in recent uploads. I see it in My Gallery but I don't see it anywhere else.
A: Are you a fan club member? If not, it takes a couple hours to show up because a moderator has to approve it. If you want INSTANT uploads (your cards show up in a minute or two), you can join the Fan Club! It's one of the MANY perks Here's the link: Join the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club: Special Galleries, Forums & More

Q: Your sketches sometimes use Die-namics die shapes for the sketch, but I don't have that die. Can I still play?
A: Of course you can! Just substitute something of a similar size or shape. Feel free to change things up as necessary. We don't ever want to exclude anyone from playing along.

Q: Can I enter only one card into the gallery to be considered for a prize?
A: You can participate as much as you'd like. Feel free to enter as many times as you'd like, as long you follow the sketch. Upload one photo for each card or project you create.

Q: How will I be contacted if I win?
A: We will contact you via PM (private message) on SCS. To view your PMs, simply click on the little envelope in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Your PMs are there, and are handled much like an e-mail in-box.

Last edited by texasjodylynn; 01-31-2011 at 06:29 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default How to upload your card to SCS using the proper keyword

Picture 1:
1.) Make sure you add your MFT cards to your Member Gallery. That is the default, so you shouldn't have to scroll to find it.
2.) Browse your computer and locate the file you wish to upload.
3.) Enter a title for your card
4.) You can also enter a description for you card now, OR you can wait until the next screen.
5.) Click on upload/submit (not shown in pic, but just scroll down a little and it is near the bottom of the first upload screen).

Doing that will take you to screen 2 of the upload process

Picture 2:
1.) The title and description of your card will transfer automatically from screen one to screen two
2.) Enter the proper keyword in the keyword box. It will be MFTWSC4 (insert appropriate number of sketch for the keyword). You NEVER include spaces in your keywords or they will not work properly.
3.) Enter the supply details for your card
4.) Click PROCESS

That is the final step. Your card will now be uploaded and can be found in your gallery on SCS. Please note that it takes a little while for it to show up in a search using the keyword. Also, if you are not an SCS Fan Club member, your card may need to be approved, which could take several hours. Just be patient. As long as you have followed the steps, your card is uploaded properly.

Hope that helps. If you need any help, let us know and someone will be able to answer. Happy uploading!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (70.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (23.1 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by texasjodylynn; 01-28-2011 at 08:30 AM..
Old 01-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

OK, so THIS is what you were doing last night!!!!! FOUND IT!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

KJ... are you a stalker????
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlynny View Post
KJ... are you a stalker????
mayyyybeeeee
Old 01-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliJo View Post
mayyyybeeeee
LOL! Silly girl!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjodylynn View Post
LOL! Silly girl!
LOL!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
Glitter Queen

Thanks Jody, that bit about adding the keyword to the keyword box (I should have known) is very helpful. Done it now!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
Cardstock Collector

if you are lucky enought to win ( and I am...thank you thank you) can you enter again?
I have a blog and would love to post a winner's badge on my blog ...do you have one?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #10
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by plains stamper View Post
if you are lucky enought to win ( and I am...thank you thank you) can you enter again?
I have a blog and would love to post a winner's badge on my blog ...do you have one?
Yes, of course you can enter to win again. Please, enter every week. It is a RANDOM draw, so if your number is chosen, you win.

I'll look in to getting a WSC badge for your blog.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Yes, of course you can enter to win again. Please, enter every week. It is a RANDOM draw, so if your number is chosen, you win.

I'll look in to getting a WSC badge for your blog.
That would be cool! Then MORE people would know about WSC!
Designer for eclectic Paperie!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
Rubber Obsessor

Default Deadline?

I see when the new sketch up uploaded but when is the deadline for entry for the previous sketch? Thanks

~
~~~~
Lisa~~~~~
Old 03-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicsm View Post
I see when the new sketch up uploaded but when is the deadline for entry for the previous sketch? Thanks
The deadline is Tuesday at noon each week.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #14
Compulsive Stamper

Location: I live in Northbridge MA - an outer suburb of Boston (@50 miles west)

one more question. What is the latest time I can upload my card to be considered for the prize?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #15
Glitter Queen

Yay! Got mine on there! It has been a while since I have played along with you! Glad to be playing along again!
Make A Wish by busyhoneybee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #16
Glitter Queen

First time playing for me. I hope I did it right. My card can be found here:

MFTWSC53 by FrancineB - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #17
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMONROE View Post
one more question. What is the latest time I can upload my card to be considered for the prize?
The deadline is Tuesday at noon each week.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #18
Cardstock Collector

I'm new to card making. How do you find out the dimensions for the card and artifacts?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #19
Glitter Queen

Default No Screen 2 showing up!

After I load my image and the info requested on screen 1 for My Gallery, it says Upload at the bottom and I hit that button. I then get a new page that says my image has been uploaded...period...no Screen 2 where it asks for the Keyword and products used.... what am I doing wrong???? The card never appears on My Gallery. I have loaded cards in the past and it worked fine. This just started happening about 6+ months ago. I am not a Fan Club member, but am told this should not matter. I am more than satisfied with waiting a day or so for the card to appear, but I'm not getting the entire LOADING message. If I knew how to fix whatever it is I am doing wrong, I would gladly join the Fan Club. Just not sure I could ever get this to work right. PLEASE< help! Jgarber5@cox.net
Old 03-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #20
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan G View Post
After I load my image and the info requested on screen 1 for My Gallery, it says Upload at the bottom and I hit that button. I then get a new page that says my image has been uploaded...period...no Screen 2 where it asks for the Keyword and products used.... what am I doing wrong???? The card never appears on My Gallery. I have loaded cards in the past and it worked fine. This just started happening about 6+ months ago. I am not a Fan Club member, but am told this should not matter. I am more than satisfied with waiting a day or so for the card to appear, but I'm not getting the entire LOADING message. If I knew how to fix whatever it is I am doing wrong, I would gladly join the Fan Club. Just not sure I could ever get this to work right. PLEASE< help! Jgarber5@cox.net
Hi Jan, please contact SCS in this forum to get the help you need: Site Support, Technical ?s and Suggestions - Splitcoaststampers
Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #21
Cardstock Collector

Dear Jane
the same thing happened to me over a year ago. I contacted support and it took awhile for them to get back but it was a size of the image issue. Even though I had done several cards the same way in the past something changed and I don't know what but when I made the image smaller....I use the Paint program to re size my images it worked...give it a try. i know how frustrating this is but keep trying so we can see your work.....take care and keep on stamping!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #22
Glitter Queen

Quote:
MFT is super excited to announce that Wednesday Stamp Club will now be centered around a weekly sketch.
Does the project have to be a card?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #23
Cardstock Collector

Default new user help My Favorite Things Sketch MFTWSC77 Inspiration challenge

Hi I am new and I have uploaded the card, it says it waiting for approval but I do not know where I uploaded it for sure and don't understand how to get it to this group despite TexasJodyLynn instructions. Grr my fault I just don't get it, my first time on a forum.
for the card I posted but I don't have it in any category.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #24
Matboard Maniac

Default Acronym?

Hi...I'm new to this thread and challenge. Reading your intro information from 2011, I'm wondering what "&nbsp" means. I see it twice in the paragraph. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 AM   #25
Inking Addict

Question card sizes

I would like to join this group. What dimensions do the cardsneed to be. Also does the contest run each week. Any infould be greatly appreciated. I cannot wait to get home to get started.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #26
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyRae View Post
Does the project have to be a card?
No, it doesn't have to be a card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stekat88 View Post
Hi I am new and I have uploaded the card, it says it waiting for approval but I do not know where I uploaded it for sure and don't understand how to get it to this group despite TexasJodyLynn instructions. Grr my fault I just don't get it, my first time on a forum.
for the card I posted but I don't have it in any category.
We do not approve cards. That is the SCS gallery moderators. For more info on uploading, please visit this forum: Site Support, Technical ?s and Suggestions - Splitcoaststampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvestmoon View Post
Hi...I'm new to this thread and challenge. Reading your intro information from 2011, I'm wondering what "&nbsp" means. I see it twice in the paragraph. Thanks.
That is a coding error somewhere. It doesn't mean anything. Just ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepunkins View Post
I would like to join this group. What dimensions do the cardsneed to be. Also does the contest run each week. Any infould be greatly appreciated. I cannot wait to get home to get started.
The cards can be the dimensions of your choice. The contest runs from Wednesday through Tuesday each week. It is a random draw, not a contest though. Just a fun thing to participate and the chance to win a prize. You can find the newest challenge posted each week at the top of the home forum: My Favorite Things Stamp Forum: New Releases, Card Samples, Stamp Challenges & More
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
Cardstock Collector

Default Newbie

Usually my friend posts my cards so this will be my first time on my own...wish me luck!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #28
Cardstock Collector

Smile MFTWSC121

Hi, I tried to upload a thumbnail of my car to the challenge thread, but am not sure how to do this? I have included my blog post URL, is that sufficient?
Many thanks,
Pauline x