Today's challenge is gate-fold cards
. I don't often make them, but I always think they are a fun format, and there are several different variations so make your choice, and make your card
There's a tutorial for a regular basic gate-fold
card in the Tutorials section HERE
One of my samples is an interlocking gate-fold
- you'll need a couple of nesting dies in any shape of your choice if you wish to try this. It's just a regular gate-fold with the interlocking diecuts added on to the front, one diecut on each side so that when you close it, they hold it shut.
Make your regular gate-fold card and lay it down closed.
Lay the two nesting diecuts (frame and centre) on top, centred over the opening.
Stick the part of the frame lying over the left side on to the left side, leaving the right side free.
Stick the part of the centre lying over the right side on to the right side, leaving the left side free.
(Or the other way round, of course!) You should see this clearly in my first attachment/the linked upload in my gallery for the OPEN card.
My other sample is a double gate-fold card
. For my sample I used a piece of card 4" high by 12" wide, and scored at 2", 4", 8" and 10". Of course, you can make it any height you wish.
You may like to use a belly-band to keep it closed, or in Beate's example in the tutorial you will see that she uses an extra sentiment panel which helps keep it closed.
When you've created your gate-fold card, upload it to the gallery, (we have a special part of the gallery set aside for gate-fold cards . Choose Technique Spotlight from the main gallery dropdown list, and Gate Fold cards from the sub-gallery options
) using WT488
as your keyword, and be sure to come back and share a link here to make it easy for people to find it.
Here's a link to our wonderful WT488 OPEN THAT GATE gallery with all its hidden surprises.Here's my Interlocking Gate-Fold sample
Here's my Double Gate-Fold sample ~ WT488 Surprise (open)
And here are the interlocking gate-fold card FRONT
If you're not sure how to add a link, here's how:
1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one for your card in the gallery, and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)[/COLOR]
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.