Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Ways to Use It (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-f46/)
-   -   WT301 All That Glitters (12/16/10) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-f46/wt301-all-glitters-12-16-10-a-t514970.html)

Kim Hughes 12-16-2010 04:33 AM

WT301 All That Glitters (12/16/10)

Hello everyone!

Thank you SO MUCH for welcoming me as your new challenge hostess

WOW, I truly have some huge shoes to fill. I think that Julia is beyond amazing (in many ways) and will be one VERY tough act to follow. I am honored that she is trusting me with this challenge (which is also my favorite challenge at SCS). I look forward to creating fun projects with you each week.

The Challenge.

GLITTER

Details.
Include glitter somewhere on your project

Tips.
1. Add glitter to stamped images with a glue pen or liquid glue (allow plenty of drying time or heat set)
2. Use double sided sticky tape to create a glitter border or frame
3. You can use a glue pen to create a glittered hand-written sentiment
4. Use glittery embossing powder
5. Sprinkle in glittered embellishments (ribbon, buttons, brads etc)

Please remember to put WT301 in your keywords section and post a link back here so that we can all see your beautiful creations. Feel free to create as many projects as you wish but keep in mind that this is not a contest. Use this challenge as inspiration and hopefully you see your creativity flourish. You can combine this challenge with another

My sample: Happy Holidays

WT301 Gallery Submissions: HERE

Please know that I have a family of seven, four dogs and a few design obligations that keep me busy every day. I will do my very best to comment on each and every project but there may be times that I simply will not be able to. I sure am going to try though.

Thank you so much for playing along.

I hope you have fun creating!
Kim

Kim Hughes 12-16-2010 04:34 AM

I will be right back with my card and open gallery link. My computer is being grumpy waking up this morning

DawnL 12-16-2010 04:35 AM

Thanks Kimmer!

StampingQueenJAR 12-16-2010 04:35 AM

Fun and perfect challenge, Kim! Welcome - you will be awesome!

Here is my SNOW.

joan ervin 12-16-2010 04:35 AM

Congrats, Kim....we are sooo glad to see you here!!! Your first challenge is sooo fun...I love glitter!!!

Kim Hughes 12-16-2010 04:40 AM

k, posted my card...now to open the gallery

is it alright if I try to post my challenge on Wednesday nights?

DawnL 12-16-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Hughes (Post 17697723)

snort... a little early for ya this morning?

Kim Hughes 12-16-2010 04:45 AM

LOL, not for me Dawn, but apparently my computer hasn't had it's fill of coffee yet! I have had this all completed a while ago.

thank you for your patience :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnL (Post 17697730)
snort... a little early for ya this morning?

Vicky Gould 12-16-2010 04:50 AM

Quote:

Yes, yes, yes, I would love it!!!!

angelladcrockett 12-16-2010 04:50 AM

Hi Kim!!! So excited to see what you will have planned for us each week!!! Thanks for pushing me out of my 'glitter is not my friend' comfort zone! Can't wait to play!!!

Oh, and I'm sure that the challenge stalkers would be thrilled with an early post! :D

Maxell 12-16-2010 04:58 AM

Welcome, I don't use glitter often so a good challenge for me. When Wal-Mart was closing out Martha Stewart stuff I bought a box with 18 glitter gemstone colors in it. I bought it because of the pretty colors, so need to start using some!!

I like having the challenges posted early-gives me time to think! Grin.

krischir 12-16-2010 04:58 AM

Great to see you here, Kim!! Excited to see what you have for us each week!

Francie G. 12-16-2010 05:13 AM

Welcome, Kim! Wonderful challenge! The early post would be wonderful!

lacyquilter 12-16-2010 05:21 AM

Welcome, Kim. Early postings would be great. I hope to get a chance to play later -- teaching 2 technique classes today.

Cook22 12-16-2010 05:23 AM

Welcome as our new hostess, Kim.
Wednesday night sounds good to me - then I get a sneak peek before work on Thursday so I can hit the ground running when I get home again :D.
Ack, I've just managed to get all my loose blue glitter back into its tube - you mean I have to get it out and all over everything again, LOL.

Bailmac 12-16-2010 05:33 AM

Well, I believe that everything is better with glitter! :) I don't mind wearing it all day...it's festive.

jdmommy 12-16-2010 05:38 AM

Thanks for the challenge today, and continuing to challenge us! Here's mine:
Glittering Asian Flowers.

Kim Hughes 12-16-2010 05:38 AM

looks like you would like the challenges posted on Wednesday nights...I can totally do that! :) Starting next week, you can look for the challenges the night before. I am in the Mountain Time Zone, so it will around midnight Eastern Time.

markie's mom 12-16-2010 05:38 AM

Fabulous way to start your term as our new Challenge Hostess! Welcome Kim!
Here's today's submission

DawnL 12-16-2010 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Hughes (Post 17697738)
LOL, not for me Dawn, but apparently my computer hasn't had it's fill of coffee yet! I have had this all completed a while ago.

thank you for your patience :)

dang puters sometimes!!

and where are my manners... http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...heerleader.gifwelcome as the NEW WT hostess!!http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...heerleader.gif

and doesn't matter to me one way or the other...by the time you post, I'll be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hobbydujour 12-16-2010 05:50 AM

Welcome, Kim, as challenge hostess. You started off with a BANG...and a SPARKLE! I don't use glitter often......although I'm a big fan of glitter glue....it holds those little bits down! : ) I did use the real deal today! ; )

TWINKLE TWINKLE

Vicky Gould 12-16-2010 05:59 AM

Here's mine - running late!

Up, Up and Away

Thanks, Kim!!!!

bambi64 12-16-2010 06:00 AM

Welcome Kim! Love glitter. Had a project I've been working on that I was able to add glitter to. Think that is just what it needed so thanks for the 'extra' push to use it.

WT301 Mrs.Phillabaum_ajh by bambi64 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Kathy LeDonne 12-16-2010 06:09 AM

Kim, Congratulations and thanks for being willing to take on this challenge. We'll have fun I'm sure! Here's one card, that I just finished up which fit the category, but I'll try to get back with another one made just for this a bit later today. (Must shop a bit first - I'm very behind on the Christmas gift getting thing!)

Here's my card:

WT301 A Gift for Miss Muffet by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ButterflyEars 12-16-2010 06:13 AM

Welcome Julia, I am looking forwards to all of the great challenges you will have for us.
Hanging the Star
Thanks for looking and taking time to comment.

star 12-16-2010 06:21 AM

Welcome Kim!! Thanks for taking on the task of finding ways for us to use our junk....I mean crafting goods! hehe

Here's my take!
Tie It by star - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Tie It by star - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Mrs Noofy 12-16-2010 06:22 AM

I love this challenge...the glittery the better. Her is mine
WT301 Sparkly Ornament by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

WT301 Toque gift card holder by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Rox71 12-16-2010 06:26 AM

Welcome Kim! I agree, you have some big shoes to fill but I know you'll do a great job! Thanks for your first challenge, I love glitter!

Hearts, Flowers, Love

ejkeaton 12-16-2010 06:57 AM

Welcome, Kim!! I've always admired your work, and I know you'll do a super job hosting this challenge. You are off to a terrific start!! Thanks so much for agreeing to be our hostess.

Here is my project:
Glittered Wings Post-It Holder

Weekend Warrior 12-16-2010 07:20 AM

WT301 Glittery Gift Card

My entry for todays challenge...was great fun !

WT301 Glittered Gift Card by Weekend Warrior - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

:D

StampinAK 12-16-2010 07:25 AM

Welcome Kim!

Welcome Kim! I love your work and was really pleased to see that you are hostessing the challenge. Julia will be so missed, but hope to continue seeing her inspiration. :p
Here's my glittery project:
Miki's Puppies

Biggan 12-16-2010 07:44 AM

Welcome Kim and thanks for the challenge! Here´s mine;

Silver Glitter

TFL!
Birgit

Cook22 12-16-2010 08:22 AM

Refuge
I have had this glitter paper for way to long, time to use some up :D.
I'm tempted to give the dryer sheet technique a go for this challenge, as I've never done it before - but not till I get a couple of other things dealt with first.

Bailmac 12-16-2010 08:54 AM

Here's mine for the day!
For You WT301 by Bailmac - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

n5stamper 12-16-2010 09:01 AM

Here is my NATURE'S POSTAGE SYMPATHY.

amyfitz1 12-16-2010 09:15 AM

Let it Snow!

Love to add glitter to all of my projects, so this was perfect! Here's mine:

Let it Snow!

TFL!

Weekend Warrior 12-16-2010 09:35 AM

WT301 Home for Christmas

One more entry for todays challenge....had lots of fun! Thanks :)

WT301 Home for Christmas by Weekend Warrior - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I love rubber 12-16-2010 09:59 AM

I had made this for 2 challenges then realized I used so much glitter on this it certainly qualifies for this challenge as well. I stamped everything in the same colour as the corresponding cardstock then used "Amuse" simple stick to adhere the glitter. We'll all have to wear sunglasses to view this gallery LOL! Here is my "JOY"

k dunbrook 12-16-2010 10:22 AM

Hi Kim,
So happy you are here. Very fun challenge. I had time....phew!....to make a clean and simple card.
Here is my card:

Glitz for Christmas

sumtoy 12-16-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

That is Perfect for me...I love late night challenges

Welcome and Thanks for doing this-