Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Ways to Use It (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-f46/)
-   -   WT107 - Just do it! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-f46/wt107-just-do-t238198.html)

Julia S 04-05-2007 05:42 AM

WT107 - Just do it!

Happy Thursday everyone! Today our challenge is one that I know everyone will enjoy and be able to play! This week's Ways to Use it Challenge is to find ways to use those stamps - rubber, foam or acrylic - that have never seen ink! I know you have some! I have too many! Never thought it would happen but yes it has. For some of you, you have some ready to be mounted and used, some have brand new just in stamps...there have been so many cool new sets just released! And for some of you, how about those stamps in a set that just aren't your faves and they are just sitting there neglected because all you use is your favorite ones. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

For samples...

Trudee just has the fabulous new Green Thumb stamp set by Papertrey Ink
Vertigris Green Thumb

I just bought some of the super new Spring flowers Stampendous line
Happy Life

If you haven't already....please note...

the fabulous DAven who makes this site possible is having a birthday April 9th. Also sharing that birthday is the fabulous Beate...who makes the most awesome tutorials and helps keep SCS running so smoothly! If you'd like to send them a card...here are their addresses...

Daven Nolta
1901 NE 162nd Ave.
Suite D-105 #548
Vancouver, WA 98684

Beate Johns
4519 Parkwood Lane East
Niceville, FL 32578

Please remember to put WT107 in your keywords section and post a link back here. For this particular challenge...please make a new card or project! You have all week to do as many as you wish!

Wishing you all a safe and happy Easter weekend,

Motherof6 04-05-2007 05:44 AM

I do think I can find a set! Off to look!

Mary56 04-05-2007 05:45 AM

Great "spring cleaning" challenge Julia! Good morning, Happy Thursday!

slprunning 04-05-2007 05:47 AM

What fun~ Thanks for the wonderful challenge, Julia!

Jeanne S 04-05-2007 05:47 AM

Just got some new ones! Yippee!!!

SeattleStamper 04-05-2007 05:48 AM

Yipee! I get my new Papertrey set today so perfect timing Julia! I can't wait to get home and play.

rhondag 04-05-2007 05:49 AM

Thanks Julia!

etsdas 04-05-2007 05:49 AM

Don't have any very new unused - may have to dig farther down to find some. Great idea.

lorettal 04-05-2007 05:51 AM

woo hoo - I might be able to play today!

Julesiana 04-05-2007 05:52 AM

I don't have anything new--but I think I have some old stamps that were given to me as a gift (years ago before I really started stamping)

Neat Challenge!!

imastampin 04-05-2007 05:53 AM

Well, I definitely have some virgin stamps. Now what to do with them? It will have to wait until after the treadmill though. Have fun everyone, and stay warm!

dawnmercedes 04-05-2007 05:54 AM

Ooooh, I have had 2 "new to me" sets arrive in the mail this week...through trading...and I do have some neglected ones!

Great idea!

star 04-05-2007 05:54 AM

I have some new stamps to me (I'm one of those "last on the block" gals!!) hope I can squeeze out some ME time today!!

stampsinblue 04-05-2007 05:59 AM

Great challenge, Julia! I know I have plenty of stamps to choose from! :)

Karen Stamps! 04-05-2007 06:00 AM

What a great challenge! I have a new-to-me set I could use, and also some new unmounted stamps I haven't tried out. What to choose.... Better sieze the moment while Baby's napping!
See you later.

Ally 04-05-2007 06:03 AM

Ooooh, I've been waiting all morning for this, thanks Julia, I'm in the UK, so it's 3pm, the day is almost over for me, lol! I have some new SU from Spring mini that I haven't used yet, so woohoo!

StampingQueenJAR 04-05-2007 06:03 AM

Oh man! Which of my thousand sets should I choose????? lol

Ronie 04-05-2007 06:03 AM

This sounds like a great challenge! Thanks Julia!

lacyquilter 04-05-2007 06:06 AM

Oh, fun! I got PaperTrey yesterday and some others at the LSS on Tuesday. I'm ready to play. I could make a ton of cards with all my unused stamps - lol.

Tammy Jo 04-05-2007 06:07 AM

Nothing NUM--I always have to try them out right away--but I definitely have some mounted but never used individuals within some sets. Man, you're gonna make me work! I've never used those 'cause I didn't know what to do with them. Think...think...think. Will come up with something. Thanks for the challenge, Julia.

notimetostamp 04-05-2007 06:08 AM

What a wonderful challenge -- I have an entire *store* unmounted -- LOL!!! But no time to play today -- I have 2 workshops -- but we are also in the middle of a snowstorm and everything is cancelled, so we'll see who can actually get out!!!

I'd like to know, when all is said and done, just HOW MANY cards did each Daven and Beate receive -- boy, it is going to be a fun birthday for them!!!

Even if I can't play today, I'll watch the posts -- fun!!!

lorettal 04-05-2007 06:08 AM

MAN!!! I have new SU!, whipper snapper, BELLAS... It was a high volume month and they all arrived in a lump, just as I have to start grad and wedding sewing commissions. I am truly hoping to carve out some me time today...

Twinshappy 04-05-2007 06:13 AM

I will have to search nothing new that I haven't used. But I might have some older ones that I just don't use much. Will that be okay?

~CA~ 04-05-2007 06:16 AM

I got a big set of stamps from my kids for Christmas a couple of years ago that have several stamps that haven't seen the light of day!! I'm on it!!!

Stamps'nCoffee 04-05-2007 06:27 AM

I know I have some of those!! What a clever challenge, Julia...thank you!!!

golly 04-05-2007 06:27 AM

This shoud be easy. I have way too many New stamp sets. Just have to buy them and then don't get them mounted and used. Might not get it done today though. Have too many obligations today. Thanks Julia for a fun one.

dancerriley 04-05-2007 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia S
Happy Thursday everyone! Today our challenge is one that I know everyone will enjoy and be able to play! This week's Ways to Use it Challenge is to find ways to use those stamps - rubber, foam or acrylic - that have never seen ink! I know you have some! I have too many! Never thought it would happen but yes it has. For some of you, you have some ready to be mounted and used, some have brand new just in stamps...there have been so many cool new sets just released! And for some of you, how about those stamps in a set that just aren't your faves and they are just sitting there neglected because all you use is your favorite ones. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

For samples...

Trudee just has the fabulous new Green Thumb stamp set by Papertrey Ink
Vertigris Green Thumb

I just bought some of the super new Spring flowers Stampendous line
Happy Life

If you haven't already....please note...

the fabulous DAven who makes this site possible is having a birthday April 9th. Also sharing that birthday is the fabulous Beate...who makes the most awesome tutorials and helps keep SCS running so smoothly! If you'd like to send them a card...here are their addresses...

Daven Nolta
1901 NE 162nd Ave.
Suite D-105 #548
Vancouver, WA 98684

Beate Johns
4519 Parkwood Lane East
Niceville, FL 32578

Please remember to put WT107 in your keywords section and post a link back here. For this particular challenge...please make a new card or project! You have all week to do as many as you wish!

Wishing you all a safe and happy Easter weekend,

i'm in.. hopefully i have some time today! i know what set i'll be using....border builders.. ugh! haha!

DawnL 04-05-2007 06:39 AM

hmmmm, I'm sure I have something that's never seen ink! busy day...I'll see if I can get some time later;)

willosmama 04-05-2007 06:43 AM

Oh~ I know for sure I have some brand new Rhonna Farrer stuff which has yet to be inked!!! Fun! Thanks!

myboys 04-05-2007 06:44 AM

I have new sets, I have new sets.......YYIIIPPPEEE.

basilefamily 04-05-2007 06:47 AM

What a FUN challenge. And, I have several stamp sets that fit the bill for this. HOORAY!

Thanks for giving me an excuse to play rather than do "stamp work" that is on my to do list! ;-)

papermoon04 04-05-2007 06:51 AM

Here's mine:

Blushing Bride

Twinshappy 04-05-2007 06:58 AM

I stand corrected I have a little dog stamp that I have used once since I got it about 2 wweeks ago hubby informed me. So now I have a stamp but a card idea???? Hhhmmmm.....

StampingQueenJAR 04-05-2007 07:04 AM

Well, I had so many stamps to choose from -- I saw that lots of you have new sets so I thought I would use a really old one I had never inked and a brand new stamp.
So here is my card:

Springtime Smiles

(Melody--- Your instructions worked, I think!!! Title instead of link! Ok - maybe not......)

Here is the link if you can't get it from the title:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...00&ppuser=8519

reneejul1 04-05-2007 07:05 AM

OH MY GOSH - I got a new one yesterday! Off to play!

debdeb 04-05-2007 07:05 AM

I'm wishing my order was coming today instead of the 10th....I'm sure there's something in there I can find to work with though! Now if I can just find the time! We've been running like crazy!

faithyc 04-05-2007 07:07 AM

Oh yeah, I have got more than a few neglected sets that I just HAD to have! This will be a tough decision! Thanks for the great challenge Julia!

fivekids7 04-05-2007 07:10 AM

Here is a card for today, Two sets that I have never used.. HE HE!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=104007

Twinshappy 04-05-2007 07:12 AM

Here is mine:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=60960

istamp4thefunofit 04-05-2007 07:22 AM

This looks totally cool...I have *cough* one or two sets that need to be cut out...I had to pace myself inbetween orders!! LOL
I'm going to play later! Thank you!!